+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 139 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Oh right. From your post it sounded like you knew what the plan was. How do you know the owners have a 'clear, long term plan/model' if nothing has been disclosed to the public?

Just curious, you seem to be in the know.
    If I or anyone did know the owners plan in any detail why the hell would you post it in here???

One clue KC is they aren't for prematurely sacking managers, well not yet anyway anyway. So that's good in my book. They also don't seek attention on social media, phew. Plus they don't over promise and then under deliver, again refreshing.

There are clues in the limited media work.and press conferences given to date and the recruitment so far has been far superior to what we have seen for a long time.

All sounds good to me KC, and I'm sure you too

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I am thoroughly fed up seeing this post being fed day after day with comments which continually keep the embers of this thread alive. I agree with Laddo that we should have faith in our directors and rely on their judgement. If they follow this board, which I’m guessing they are far too intelligent to do, then they must wonder whether their time and investment is worth it.
    Please let’s all move on.
    Good luck with that...it has pretty much continued on in "The Problem" thread. Tiresome ain't the word.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Good luck with that...it has pretty much continued on in "The Problem" thread. Tiresome ain't the word.
    I'm not sure what the problem is gents? Nobody is forcing you to read this thread?

Laddo, totally agree! All sounds good to me.

What is our long term plan Laddo?
    We can probably assume that the plan won't involve avoiding promotion, reducing the attendances, adopting a losing play-style, sacking managers regularly, bringing in players who are well past it on inflated wages, running the club into the ground and selling it at a loss or putting it into admin.
    I dare say that wasn't Scardinio's plan, nor Trew's nor Hardy's.

The current owners almost certainly have the same basic plan as previous owners, to move up the pyramid.
    The current owners also have no more experience than any of the previous owners, post Pavis.

What I suspect (or hope) they do have that the previous owners did not have, is enough money to buy themselves time to work out how to run a football club and deal with all of the pitfalls that go with it.

Covid might be a spanner in the works however.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We can probably assume that the plan won't involve avoiding promotion, reducing the attendances, adopting a losing play-style, sacking managers regularly, bringing in players who are well past it on inflated wages, running the club into the ground and selling it at a loss or putting it into admin.
    I dare say that wasn't Scardinio's plan, nor Trew's nor Hardy's.

The current owners almost certainly have the same basic plan as previous owners, to move up the pyramid.
    The current owners also have no more experience than any of the previous owners, post Pavis.

What I suspect (or hope) they do have that the previous owners did not have, is enough money to buy themselves time to work out how to run a football club and deal with all of the pitfalls that go with it.

Covid might be a spanner in the works however.
    FRom the new Owners point of view, it does not surprise me that they are sticking with Ardley because of the following

1) That never saw how bad Ardley was in the relegation season, and how many of the same problems from that season remain
    They have only seen Ardley only last season , which his performance was average to fair , given the huge backing he received

2) The fact Ardley relegated us to the National League, helped the owners, because it probably saved them a few million when they brought the club

3) They know his contract expires at the end of this season, and probably don,t want to pay him off

I'm beginning to get a nagging feeling that Davy500 maybe isn't a big Ardley fan. Anyone else picked up on it? Still, could be worse I suppose, at least he doesn't go on and on about it at every possible opportunity.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-10-2020 at 02:03 AM.

I have merely suggested plausable reasons for why the owners are sticking with Ardley, still any pro Ardley supporters like yourself, will obviously be infuriated with an attack, or anything to put your messiah Ardley in a bad light ....

Something wrong when the Manager has been here nearly 2 years & quite a few are still not convinced by him

I'm not sure what the problem is gents? Nobody is forcing you to read this thread?

Laddo, totally agree! All sounds good to me.
    Correct, nobody is forcing anyone to read anything.....I'll have a fair wager why many posters don't bother with it on here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I am thoroughly fed up seeing this post being fed day after day with comments which continually keep the embers of this thread alive. I agree with Laddo that we should have faith in our directors and rely on their judgement. If they follow this board, which I’m guessing they are far too intelligent to do, then they must wonder whether their time and investment is worth it.
    Please let’s all move on.
    Well we got nothing to do until the middle of November because of no Notts matches
    So we might as well have fun at how crap Ardley is ( Easy as there so much to aim at haha) or have more fun at mansfield falling apart, gee their manager is better than Ardley

Graham Coughlan = 4 wins from 27 games (SACKED)
    Neil Ardley = 4 wins in 29 games ( 3 wins from 17 at Wimbledon, and one win from his first 12 at Notts )
    ( RELEGATED US )
    Says it all really

Page 56 of 139 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast