+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 103 of 139 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1382

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

[QUOTE=Notts78;39721170]
    Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Some decent managers there to be fair, and some I’ve never heard of.

Realistic?....

Paul Peschisolido
    Graham Westley
    Paul Tisdale
    Phil Parkinson
    Sol Campbell

I think their would be genuine disappointment from a lot of us if a couple of those got the job.
    Peschisolido not managed for nearly a decade.
    Graham Westley is a ****er and I wouldn’t want that knob anywhere near our club.
    Tisdale. Did well at Exeter but seems to have lost his way a little. Certainly wouldn’t say no.
    Phil Parkinson. Done OK at a couple of clubs. Failed miserably at a club too big for the league it’s in.
    Sol Campbell. Many laughed at his appointment at Macclesfield. Certainly did well with a club in turmoil. I’m not sure he would get a fair crack with a few on here.
    Exactly, maybe that’s why the owners won’t act....they don’t feel there’s much better available at the minute. They may have to poach a manager, which means it’ll probably be a lower league one.

Dave Challinor is the man, I’d bet my hat on it if I had one. He is the man that can bring us good fortune!

‘Not being able to come up with who’d replace him’ is a bit of a daft argument tbh. I can’t think of a single successful manager at Notts(except maybe Cotterill) who a single Notts fan would have named before they took over. You either think the owners are competent or you don’t, if they think Ardley isn’t up to it, and someone else might be, that’s their job as owners.

Having said that, and we have no idea what their budget might be, but two names immediately leap out, Luke Garrard and and Matt Gray.

Realistic?....

Paul Peschisolido
    Graham Westley
    Paul Tisdale
    Phil Parkinson
    Sol Campbell

Ones I’d like, but still unrealistic....

Danny Cowley
    Nigel Adkins
    Ronnie Moore?? Is he still working?
    Gary Monk
    Chris Coleman

Obviously not even going to mention the ones like Rafa Benitez 😂

There must be many more names available but it does make you wonder what kind of manager the owners would potentially approach.
    When you look it makes you think there’s not a lot out there. The only one I thought possibly was Tisdale but obviously not great recently or maybe Parkinson. We may have tempted a couple on the second list if we were L2, probably Coleman and I wouldn’t really fancy him coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    ‘Not being able to come up with who’d replace him’ is a bit of a daft argument tbh. I can’t think of a single successful manager at Notts(except maybe Cotterill) who a single Notts fan would have named before they took over. You either think the owners are competent or you don’t, if they think Ardley isn’t up to it, and someone else might be, that’s their job as owners.

Having said that, and we have no idea what their budget might be, but two names immediately leap out, Luke Garrard and and Matt Gray.
    They’re the type of names to put in the hat. I liked the way Boreham Wood played against us...sure they’d both be tempted, unless Sutton go up!

[QUOTE=Notts78;39721170]

Realistic?....

Paul Peschisolido
    Graham Westley
    Paul Tisdale
    Phil Parkinson
    Sol Campbell

I think their would be genuine disappointment from a lot of us if a couple of those got the job.
    Peschisolido not managed for nearly a decade.
    Graham Westley is a ****er and I wouldn’t want that knob anywhere near our club.
    Tisdale. Did well at Exeter but seems to have lost his way a little. Certainly wouldn’t say no.
    Phil Parkinson. Done OK at a couple of clubs. Failed miserably at a club too big for the league it’s in.
    Sol Campbell. Many laughed at his appointment at Macclesfield. Certainly did well with a club in turmoil. I’m not sure he would get a fair crack with a few on here.

What I would say is that the new manager, when there is one, would have to work with the owners and how they go about selecting players. A lot of managers wouldn’t like that.

I would be intrigued if the manager could be selected using the technology and how successful that would be.
    Tbf they should be able to do that if they have enough data, I guess they will have a scoring system for each player and then deduct how well a manager is doing with them as a team. If Ardley was to go I would like us to go for someone up and coming, none of those names inspire me, even the ones out of reach aren’t that mouth watering with the odd exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

If we were cutting our budget then your choices IMO would be viable. Both have been relatively successful with smaller budgets but at clubs with little in the way of expectation. That would be different at Notts. Who knows if either would handle it. Is it worth that risk?
    I think we have been underwhelmed for some time with the choices of manager and which ever route the owners take their is always going to be some of us who are disappointed.

What odds on Doyle being out next manager? 😬

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Can you give any examples, or is this yet another case of you constantly repeating a lie in the hope that someone will be taken in?

Yes.
    What like the time where you asked for an example of you not answering a direct question, and I gave you two examples on the very thread were discussing it on. That was beautiful you only had look up the page and there they were

You have used the royal "we" and start sentences refering to how others feel or what they think lots of times. I'm not going back through searching, that's your job Sandie.

Oh look someone who isn't afraid to suggest a few names for this completely hypothetical question/situation. Thank you TSHANO, it wasn't a trick question just interesting to know from my folks who want Ardley out who they would want in. Assuming it's not Doyle

Simple: Bring back 'Ricardo and The Mighty Coat' as attack coach and keep Mr. Ardley as the defence coach. Then all we need is a midfield coach, which might suit Mr. Doyle.

Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What like the time where you asked for an example of you not answering a direct question, and I gave you two examples on the very thread were discussing it on. That was beautiful you only had look up the page and there they were.
    They weren't questions, the were the incomprehensible rantings of a desperate lunatic.

If you could translate them into English, I will happily give you an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Simple: Bring back 'Ricardo and The Mighty Coat' as attack coach and keep Mr. Ardley as the defence coach. Then all we need is a midfield coach, which might suit Mr. Doyle.

Sorted.
    I like the first and last options of that management team, but not the middle one.

Page 103 of 139 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast