+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Judging purely by “results”, with the word meaning “a thing that is caused or produced by something else; a consequence or outcome,” Neal Ardley, or indeed any other manager under the current circumstances, should have been fired a long time ago. In an honourable society however, he would have resigned. Despite the dire conditions brought about by Covid we still have a club thanks to the Reedtz family and on paper, and from what I have seen so far, we appear to have a very good squad; one that could easily win promotion if it had a sense of direction, purpose and solid leadership. We don’t need and cannot afford endless experimentation in the hope that things will go right on the pitch sometime in the distant future. It is abundantly clear that the manager cannot inspire and lead our teams. I am fully aware of the pitfalls of managerial roundabouts but unless he is replaced soon we will go into oblivion with the usual excuses. If I were daddy Reedtz I would be saying to my boys, “Listen lads. I admire your ambition, drive and loyalty, but your man’s time is up. He’s had his chances and you need fresh blood, or else”. Gamblers compound their losses by gambling more and more in the hope of winning and we cannot allow the manager to gamble our club away.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-11-2020 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Title edited to reflect multiple merged threads