+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 139 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Well we got nothing to do until the middle of November because of no Notts matches
    So we might as well have fun at how crap Ardley is ( Easy as there so much to aim at haha) or have more fun at mansfield falling apart, gee their manager is better than Ardley

Graham Coughlan = 4 wins from 27 games (SACKED)
    Neil Ardley = 4 wins in 29 games ( 3 wins from 17 at Wimbledon, and one win from his first 12 at Notts )
    ( RELEGATED US )
    Says it all really
    So this is your idea of fun?

Says it all really.

Some of you lot need to go for a nice walk. I'm not a big Ardley fan but he isn't going anywhere, the relegation season was 2 years ago so doesn't really matter who got his cock out and who had 30 games to keep us up does it. Same with the problem thread, was a good thread about tactics, players etc but has regressed to do you like Ardley or not. Again.

The owners are stats men, if we are having more possession, shots, corners, passing completion etc than the opposition even if we lose they won't sack him. They also wrote a paper in University how sacking a manager has little or no effect on average in the long run. I don't think he's going anywhere whether he didn't pay the milk bill 2 years ago or not.

Booooom! Nailed it.

It's a make or break season for Ardley this year, no promotion and he'll be gone without a doubt....Although the chances are he'll be saved by Covid as I'd say it's unlikely the season will be finished well before they get the chance to do a PPG.

I completely agree that this is boring, but at the same time I also think it's hilarious how the attempt to stamp out any kind of dissent has paradoxically made the Ardley Out thread(s) an almost 600 post epic, still the top post even when we're not playing games.

Unintended consequences and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I completely agree that this is boring, but at the same time I also think it's hilarious how the attempt to stamp out any kind of dissent has paradoxically made the Ardley Out thread(s) an almost 600 post epic, still the top post even when we're not playing games.

There are a few naive posters on here who don't seem to understand the mindset of the average football fan. They put things like "typical NCM" or "only on NCM", as if this board is more negative than other club's boards. It isn't, I have glanced at quite a few other forums over the years and NCM is a typical football messageboard. All of them are busier after a defeat than they are after a victory. I was keeping an eye on the Mansfield score last night and couldn't resist a sneaky peek at the match thread on Stagsnet. It was exactly as I expected, red hot with angry posts.
    A couple of them were "why are there 6 posts when we score and a hundred when we concede" and "I notice that there were a record 616 people viewing this thread tonight".

All it lacked was some dimwit saying "only on Stagsnet"!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Correct, nobody is forcing anyone to read anything.....I'll have a fair wager why many posters don't bother with it on here anymore.
    It's a little concerning that your messageboard experience doesn't seem as pleasurable as you'd like it to be FL.

We know you don't like repetitive arguments.
    We know you don't like threads that turn into puns.

Any other advice on how we should post in order to get all the good posters returning?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's a little concerning that your messageboard experience doesn't seem as pleasurable as you'd like it to be FL.

We know you don't like repetitive arguments.
    We know you don't like threads that turn into puns.

Any other advice on how we should post in order to get all the good posters returning?
    I'm with him with the puns Elite!

Maybe he (and other disgruntled users) should be proactive and creative and start some threads they may enjoy more?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

A very repetitive epic, that will continued to be fuelled by the same arguements and differing viewpoints until the manager is sacked or leaves. Then we can look forward to the next one {insert different manager's name}

The NCM equivalent of being trapped in Portmeirion#theprisoner.

Much prefer one epic thread to 4 or 5 mini ones all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I'm with him with the puns Elite!

Maybe he (and other disgruntled users) should be proactive and creative and start some threads they may enjoy more?
    No point, they get turned into an Ardley out thread.

Page 57 of 139 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast