+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turner's Letter

Turner's Letter

Good letter written from JT about starting the league as planned.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...season-230920/

Premise is wrong. People had better scrap their cognitive dissonance and start calling this hoax out for what it is. Football will be gone and our children will grow up in a penal colony. There is no test for a thing that has never been observed and officially kills less people than the flu and evidence based medicine supports this view. But that's OK, lets find temporary solutions and it will get better. Nope. Glad to be proved wrong in a years time.

"Having discussed this issue with several other clubs in the league I am confident that there is overwhelming support to get the season underway, and we look forward to receiving further communication and clarity from the National League as soon as possible."

Is it as simple as a majority can swing it to go ahead, or is it a case of - if there's enough clubs who don't want to play, those clubs can take everybody else to the brink with them?

Quote Originally Posted by symewillscore View Post
    Premise is wrong. People had better scrap their cognitive dissonance and start calling this hoax out for what it is. Football will be gone and our children will grow up in a penal colony. There is no test for a thing that has never been observed and officially kills less people than the flu and evidence based medicine supports this view. But that's OK, lets find temporary solutions and it will get better. Nope. Glad to be proved wrong in a years time.
    There's no hoax. People have died.

I agree that it's now been blown out of proportion when you consider the number of deaths. However, this wasn't supposed to be a political thread, so I'll just leave it there.

You're one spliff away from thinking the earth is flat.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Good letter written from JT about starting the league as planned.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...season-230920/
    Well argued letter. I agree with the Club on this one. Further delay is in no ones interest. The idea of streaming and charging a fee is a good one. Some revenue is surely better than none.

As to the poster who thinks the virus is a hoax. Sadly I know someone who was in their 40s and died of COVID. She had no underlying health conditions. I wish it was a hoax, she would still be alive.

There is the famous Paisley quote about football not being a matter of life and earth, it’s much more serious than that. I’ve always found that one quite funny, however now is not the time to have large crowds of fans on public transport, in pubs around the ground, and congregating outside and inside the stadium. I love watching Notts, and will be one of the first to get a season ticket once we are allowed back in, but we are just going to have to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    There is the famous Paisley quote about football not being a matter of life and earth, it’s much more serious than that.
    Or the more famous Bill Shankly quote, "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that."

Some Muvers Do Have Them.
    We did put a man on the Moon Daft Lad.

When I first saw the thread title I thought Ben Turner's sick note had been leaked.

Just had a look at the NL official website. Can't see anything on the issue that presumably 99% of people visiting the site want to know about. Nothing about Macc Town, other than that their opening game is still going ahead according to the fixture list on the right hand side. Lead story is about Bradford Park Avenue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast