+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T uncle bens rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    Apparently there’s a rather large green fellow doing his nut about the way he has been portrayed on a tin of sweet corn.
    What next for him?
    The HULKS going to punch him.

Aunt Jemima is going as well.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-says-n1231260

I'm sure racists will be devastated that pictures of black people are being removed from food packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I see all the usual moths have been attracted to the O/T political posts
    I Would be surprised if this thread didn’t go against the grain..😁.

The national trust are also looking at properties that may have a link to slavery ...which is probably most of them

Lets knock them down and start burning books

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    It's not correct, it's total b*llocks.

It's rumoured to have been a maître d'hôtel called Frank Brown, but hardly famous or particularly connected to rice. The line about being a rice grower was created by Mars for marketing purposes to give the fictional character of Uncle Ben a back story.

Still, people believe anything they read online, people can't differentiate fact from fiction or do even basic fact checking for themselves.
    The photo is of frank brown a chef who developed a lot of the sauces

Uncle Ben was the name of the rice grower it is a mix of 2 successful black men in the brand however the founders of the franchise were two white men who are not on the brand

Also uncle Ben wasn’t created by mars, the company who created uncle bens was the Converted Brand Rice company who was co-owned by Erich Huzenlaub and Gordon Harwell and was later bought out by the Mars franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Uncle Ben was the name of the rice grower it is a mix of 2 successful black men in the brand however the founders of the franchise were two white men who are not on the brand
    LOL, you'll believe anything you read too! There may well be a back story courtesy of Uncle Ben's but its made up. There really were black rice growers, but that's about as far is it goes, the back story is a marketing creation to sell products.

LOL, you'll believe anything you read too! There may well be a back story courtesy of Uncle Ben's but its made up. There really were black rice growers, but that's about as far is it goes, the back story is a marketing creation to sell products.
    Can you prove that though?
    I don’t know what’s true tbh, like any other story from way back which will also have fictional/truths in them.
    How can we tell unless we physically go back?

This coming from the guy who says uncle bens was made up by mars, even a child knows it was bought out by mars

Sounds to me you ether believe any protesters crap you read or hate black people being famous

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Can you prove that though?
    I don’t know what’s true tbh, like any other story from way back which will also have fictional/truths in them.
    How can we tell unless we physically go back?
    I almost posted this link last night but I thought it would be funny to hold it back and see if people would still try and argue. So predictable! The question is whether with this from Uncle Ben's own website people still won't admit they are wrong.

https://www.unclebens.com/disclaimer
    Disclaimer
    Uncle Ben is a fictional character. Any resemblance or similarity to a real person is entirely coincidental. All stories present on UncleBens.com are fictional as well.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast