+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T uncle bens rice.

O/T uncle bens rice.

Having to change its name because of racial stereotypes. 🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sk...types-12079262

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Having to change its name because of racial stereotypes. ����*♂️����*♂️

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sk...types-12079262
    I can tell this change is going to have a huge impact on your life.

Dam it I had you second to respond.
    Oh well.

Ffs it has nothing to do with slavery

According to Mars, Uncle Ben was an African-American rice grower known for the quality of his rice. Gordon L. Harwell, an entrepreneur who had supplied rice to the armed forces in World War II, chose the name Uncle Ben's as a means to expand his marketing efforts to the general public.

Wey heyy! Round we go again!

That's a coincidence My uncle Tomcabin has had to change his name as well.

Here's one for you. The other night I watched a bit of the film 'Coming To America' starring Eddie Murphy. In the film, Murphy wears a latex mask and plays a white Jewish man in a barber's shop. Is anyone calling for this now to be banned? And to think they banned the Black and White minstrel show.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Here's one for you. The other night I watched a bit of the film 'Coming To America' starring Eddie Murphy. In the film, Murphy wears a latex mask and plays a white Jewish man in a barber's shop. Is anyone calling for this now to be banned? And to think they banned the Black and White minstrel show.

I'm calling for it to be banned!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Brin, the reason blackface is offensive to many is because it has been historically been used by white performers to mock black people, usually to present them as evil or stupid.

The same is not true in reverse, it doesn't for most cause the same offence.

Were you genuinely offended by seeing a black person in whiteface? If so, why? Are you a snowflake?

People in Bristol and London will be happy

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast