+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Takeover ?

Alan Pace, Managing Partner of ALK Capital said: “At a time when technology has never played a more important role in global football, we are delighted to complete our investments in AiScout and Player LENS. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated professional football’s need to embrace newtechnology and digital solutions, particularly in areas like scouting and recruitment, which have previously relied on human manpower and traditional forms of communication and negotiation. These are two of the most exciting start-up businesses in thefootballindustry, and I am looking forward to working closely with both founders to grow their technology’s presence throughout the global game.”

https://www.sportbusiness.com/2020/0...uncomfortable/

https://alkcapital.com/wp-content/up...-26-August.pdf

phhok embracing the new tech, keep it real - the games sterile enough without this lot of self-seeking freaks munching on the fruit as they turn it into barren wasteland for the terminator to play on.

Sean Dyche said: he is not aware of any takeover talk surrounding the club, adding that any decisions on that topic will be taken at board level.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...dyche-18987468

so - he knows nothing cos there is nothing - all good then.....because I hope he doesn't expect us to believe that...if there were talks - he wouldn't know of them.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    So we could be taken over by Mormons.Expect a lot of smartly dressed young men to be knocking on your doors.

Don't they allow more than one wife? If so BT will probably be backing the bid.
    FFS don't mention this to the Child Bride!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    If it wasnt for Matron I might have been your neighbour Sinkov
    If it was not for my third divorce, I'd be living in California now. Nothing not to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    If it wasnt for Matron I might have been your neighbour Sinkov
    Where were you thinking of Alto ? We were looking at the Naples area, I think what finally decided us against it was the realtor we were spending some time with, telling us that it was his job to board properties up before a hurricane hit, he was always the last one out of town and always at the back of the queue of traffic heading inland to safety. There was also a local history book I bought which told the story of a little resort just north of Naples in the 50s, some people in a little condo block deciding to stay and watch what happened as the water receded from the bay. The tsunami came in and neither the condo block nor the people were ever seen again.

We decided France might be the safer option. A shame though, we absolutely love the area, and the people.

I'd never wanted to visit the USA Sinkov, I sort of got roped into it with a couple we used to go abroad with who live in southern Turkey, I had the idea of brash loud Americans and I was expecting the worse.

We went to Washington for a couple of weeks renting a property on a lake on a gated community, everyone was nice and welcoming which changed my mind about them, but to make sure and put my mind at rest we booked New York for the next year, again never met a loudmouth in all the time we was there, what surprised me most was all the sport facilities we saw on the way from the airport to Manhattan, not just baseball, basketball and Soccer, but our Football, Rounders and even Cricket being played by School Children which was great to see.

I'd often heard of great things in Florida, so I started watching a place in the sun where british folk go to retire, I know it was only on TV but the places looked clean and the properties very large but cheap compaired to those in the UK.

I was blown away with Sarasota, Port ST Lucie and Jacksonville, I had seen properties and the local area in Naples which also looked nice, but unfortunately Matron lives her life for her Daughter and granchildren and not for me so it never happened

sinkov and alto ---I have to agree with you both, Had several visits to various parts and always enjoyed myself and met some smashing people. Never thought about living over there because of having elderly parents relying on us over here ------now ---WE are the elderly parents! lol

We visited New Orleans, Miami, Key West and Charlestown in the south of the USA and found most of the people to be very friendly. The only one was we took a city tour in Miami and the tour guide was a complete prat.
    However, when we went on a cruise to the Baltic Sea, which sailed from the UK but was mainly Australians, Japanese and American. We spent most of our time with the Australians and they were great company, the Japanese were very polite and knew how to enjoy themselves but the Americans the only thing bigger than their ego’s were their mouths.
    So if we are taken over by Americans I hope that they are similar to those we met while visiting the USA.

It all depends on whether Mike wants to keep on taking dog's abuse from the Burnley fans and John wants to cash his chips and phuck off to Singapore I suppose...

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/us-investment-firm-alk-capital-reportedly-close-burnley-fc-takeover/

Your link is NOT linking JH.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It all depends on whether Mike wants to keep on taking dog's abuse from the Burnley fans and John wants to cash his chips and phuck off to Singapore I suppose...

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/us-investment-firm-alk-capital-reportedly-close-burnley-fc-takeover/
    I don’t think it’s dogs abuse BT , it would help a little more if they communicated with us I think anyway.

It seems we’re little old Burnley the family club the poor relative on one hand , but when it comes down to putting that in practice ie, telling us why stuff isn’t done etc they shut up shop and let the abuse begin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)