+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do we need any more recruitment

Do we need any more recruitment

What does everybody think do we need another one in ? Personally I would like to see another midfielder come in preferably a center midfielder, I know we have Lowery to come back but realistically he will need a couple of months to get back to full fitness.

I think that, given that the club’s finances will be hit by the extended period of coronavirus restrictions, the short answer is no. More important to actually have a football club rather than one that wins matches and then goes tits up due to poor financial management like Bury.

We have plenty of players who can play Centre midfield, including 3 of last week’s Back 4, and have sufficient cover should Perry, Pixie or Offord play there.

I would place a small wager that, unless the PL give money to L1 and L2, there will be a few casualties this season - it would appear that Oldham are already trying to offload, for example - and its ***** that we aren’t one of them.

To a certain degree I accept AA`s comments, but in my opinion based upon our recent games I think we need two LOAN strikers. In the games I have seen we have never looked like scoring.

Apparently Dario used to say that we 3and a half goalscorers to be able to compete. Mandron and Charlie are halves plus maybe Finney as a half. If you add Perry, Harry and Wintle together that might be another half. Errr, yes we seem to be a bit short on goalscorers at the moment!

Mind you, having said that, it's not that we're missing loads of chances, we're not actually creating many. So it wouldn't matter if you brought in 2 strikers as we're not exactly giving them anything to work with. Let's see what happens on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Apparently Dario used to say that we 3and a half goalscorers to be able to compete. Mandron and Charlie are halves plus maybe Finney as a half. If you add Perry, Harry and Wintle together that might be another half. Errr, yes we seem to be a bit short on goalscorers at the moment!
    Alternatively, Porter is one, Kirk, Lowery and Powell are halfs and maybe Finney, then Perry, Pixie and Murphy make up the three and a half!

On his form in January & February Powell is a one as well - then we maybe need to see more of Zanzala .

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    To a certain degree I accept AA`s comments, but in my opinion based upon our recent games I think we need two LOAN strikers. In the games I have seen we have never looked like scoring.
    I agree but a more permanent one unless Porter steps up

My original comments were referenced to then available players. I would agree that Powell and porter are one each.

I stick to my original comments. Apart from Porter none of the proposed players are strikers. We are short of strikers and have no logical replacements if injuries occur. That is precisely why we need at least 2 new strikers. Of course you hope and expect that players like Kirk and Powell, plus others will all get on the goal list, but they are not strikers.