+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pillar 2 testing false positives

Pillar 2 testing false positives

I know the arithmetic is difficult to understand (you really have to get your nut round it) but govt ministers being unable to grasp the significance of these numbers is scandalous.

Belgium and Sweden won't use these tests now as they are so unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I know the arithmetic is difficult to understand (you really have to get your nut round it) but govt ministers being unable to grasp the significance of these numbers is scandalous.

I watched that idiot Handoncock on BBC this morning being quizzed about the APP that's just been introduced in Englandshire. He didn't even know how it worked and he's the guy that introduced it.

They're clueless and rudderless (UK and Scottish governments) and we all suffer.

The Generals sip Bacardi whilst the Privates feel the pain. Again.

Is this the test that is picking up ‘dead’ coronavirus cells which are then giving a positive reading.
    If so these tests should be scrapped as they are giving a falsely inflated number of positive tests.

Rross, can you explain what you are on about. I don't listen to news programmes any more but I can't help but wonder about stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Rross, can you explain what you are on about. I don't listen to news programmes any more but I can't help but wonder about stuff.
    It's a really difficult thing to explain but once the penny drops and you get the maths (arithmetic really) then around 90% of the positive tests may maybe false.

Julia Hartley brewer interview with a statician today was probably the easiest (Not easy though) of how the govt and health experts are reading the stats wrong.

It's actually mind blowing how wrong.

And remember all these restrictions are based on these tests not hospiltalisations or people falling I'll.

Julia Hartley brewer challenges grant shapps is another very good one.

He just dosent understand the figs....he's a govt minister

Rros , was it Alex Belfield that quoted the 307 cases....

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Rros , was it Alex Belfield that quoted the 307 cases....
    There's been a few, he was one I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Basically up to 9/10 tests that give a positive reading may be false.

Govt then claim that that's less than 1% of tests that are wrong (overall) because less than 1% are positive but if it's 9/10 of the positive tests that are wrong then that makes it 90%.....it's Not the best explanation.....Islay would be better explaining it but the information is there and govt ministers just don't seem to get it.

Rross
    Say total tests 1000000
    1% are positive = 1000
    9/10 are false positive implies that of the 1000, 900 are false and only 100 are true positive.

900/10000x100= 0.9% ie less than 1% of all tests are false positives.

I think they have been conning us with 20 people out of 100000 being the way they expressed the number of infections. if you express that as a percentage 20/100000x100=0.02%

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)