+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MK Dons

MK Dons

So, are MK Dons a different kettle of fish from Hull, Charlton and Lincoln? Well, they were not far away from the drop last season. However, they seem to have had a massive clearout. I'm not sure what style they are playing at the moment either.
    I think our line-up will be the same as before.
    If Finney finally gets involved in the game, it's probably time for him to score. So far, Charlie has had 2 or 3 people marking him and Harry hasn't been getting as forward as he did last season but if the Dons give us any kind of space then I expect those two to impose themselves a bit more, leading to a goal for Mandron. We will not be able to keep a clean sheet so I'm going for a 2-1 win. Kiss of death or what?

I don't have much of a successful prediction record but I am going for a 2-1 win too.

That's almost eerie gazan. Can you pick me six numbers, I need to put my lotto on.

Finally three points. Did what we couldn't do in our last two matches; take our chances. Hopefully this will give the lads a shot in the arm, and they can kick on.
    Last edited by Armchair General; 26-09-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Really enjoyed the Alex’s performance this afternoon - sure we should have scored at least a couple more but it was great to see us creating plenty of chances against an admittedly pedestrian MKD side. Frankly I couldn’t believe how slow their passing was, especially compared with ours, but the highlight was, as GM and PM said, how well we closed them down around the half way line, nicking the ball and counterattacking - almost like watching Citeh in red.... but only almost!

Stand outs for me were Charlie, Dale and MotM Mandron; boy he covered some yards today and isn’t afraid to give out as good as he’s given. Wintle was back to his old self, as were Perry (in full on arsey sod mode) and Offord.... strolled through the game so’s you hardly noticed him.

The only slight downer was Beckles’ tendency to dive in and better and cuter forwards might take advantage, but it’s a minor quibble on what was a thoroughly enjoyable hour and a half; unusually I never thought we would even draw at any stage of the proceedings.

Let’s not talk about the referee.

Agree with all your comments AstonAlex and we should have scored a few more. The most important thing for me is the high standard the players reached in this game. They now know what they can do and must maintain it or better it next week. yes MK Dons had the lions share of possession but they did nothing to hurt us at all. Was the guy on the ladder watching the game again from the Gresty Road end this week ?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Agree with all your comments AstonAlex and we should have scored a few more. The most important thing for me is the high standard the players reached in this game. They now know what they can do and must maintain it or better it next week. yes MK Dons had the lions share of possession but they did nothing to hurt us at all. Was the guy on the ladder watching the game again from the Gresty Road end this week ?
    Couldn't see him when that corner was in shot - or anybody there, which is quite odd considering what can be seen through those bars! We're clearly very conscious as a body of fans of others' safety!

Oh thank goodness, a win and move away from bottom 3. Not to build it out of proportion as The Don`s were a poor side. The amount of opportunities they gave us was unreal. We could have easily scored 3-4 more goals. They had a lot of possession but did very little with it. Their defence was awful.

For the Alex it was a slightly better display. but what does concern me is that some parts of the team are finding it hard to gell. Notably Ng and Murphy, also Finney and Kirk. If we are to have success this season it is essential that our team functions as a unit. Hopefully this will quickly develop. Heres to a nice winning run, fingers crossed.