+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Krov on the way...... apparently

Krov on the way...... apparently

One good piece of news ...... seems like the Deal to bring Krov to the Albion is close .... will not play against CFC at the weekend ...... but will be in training next week ....

I know I am a bit like an Old record on this one but I really cannot see Krov as a priority.

In midfield we will have Pereira, Gallagher and Diangana to my mind all ahead of him. Are we likely to play 4 in midfield with all of them offensive players, although admittedly Gallagher can do both.

Like Bond, like Peltier, like Kipre if we are offering contracts to players who are not first choice for their best position it is no wonder we haven’t got money to buy players we do need. We have done this for so long now I am getting bored with it. Only buy players who are going to IMPROVE the squad. We don’t need numbers for numbers sake.

Krovinovic states on his Instagram account that he’s delighted that this has finally been sorted out but he’s just concerned that at 53 he isn’t as mobile as he was when Albion first entered into discussions to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Krovinovic states on his Instagram account that he’s delighted that this has finally been sorted out but he’s just concerned that at 53 he isn’t as mobile as he was when Albion first entered into discussions to sign him.

You never know he might be coming on loan........ with an option to buy next year....... that would be ok...... but agree the priority is a new striker not midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    You never know he might be coming on loan........ with an option to buy next year....... that would be ok...... but agree the priority is a new striker not midfield
    I am sure it probably will be a loan deal but one almost for sure without the option for us to buy him at the end of the season.

Loan deals don’t come cheap though which I think isn’t always appreciated. Not only will we have his wages to pay there will almost certainly be an upfront payment, often a few million, agents fees and other add ons. This is why the loan deal option isn’t always such a cheap option as people often think and needs to come from the buying budget that we have.

That said Slaven seems very happy to fill his midfield as his priority and can’t wait to get Krov in. Just hope we can still get enough goals to win matches and enough defenders to stop conceding 3 or more each week.

Not the worst player on the Books but seems like a token gesture to little to late we needed 6 quality players with what we already have , that's what you need to stay in this league & be competitive, i suppose only time will tell but I know where my money would be going .

Which is the best type of player to sign: One who did well in the Championship last season, one who couldn't hold his place in a Prem club's line up last season, an overseas player who did okay in his league last season or a player who did well in the English third tier last season?
    Answewr: Who knows!! Any of these could work out to be a great buy, any a failure. Prime example of failure: Austin.
    It's funny how the game has changed. Players signed from the lower leagues in the 60s include Astle, Kaye, Osborne, Clark and Wile.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    But haven’t we got the prolific Welsh International ( let’s hope we get several penalties per game) 😉

[QUOTE=Bombers right foot;39582534]But haven’t we got the prolific Welsh International ( let’s hope we get several penalties per game) ��
    Can't we stop continually having a go at HRK. Have a go at Austin, yes, Zohore, yes, but at least HRK has done OK for us and will still be useful off the bench if we can get in a couple of decent strikers to replace the other two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)