+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diego Llorente Signs For United

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Leeds United have signed Real Sociedad defender Diego Llorente on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee, which is understood to be around £18m.
    The Spain international will provide competition for centre-backs Robin Koch, Liam Cooper and Pascal Struijk.

Former Real Madrid player Llorente, 27, can also play in midfield.
    He is the newly-promoted side's fourth major signing of the summer following their Championship title win last season.
    Leeds have spent significant money, including a club record £26m for Valencia forward Rodrigo, £13m on Freiburg defender Koch, and £16m on ex-Wolves winger Helder Costa.

18m
    26m
    13m
    26m

total spend 83 million. Have Leeds got shares in the new Covid vaccine,splashing out all this cash?
    Alf, I can tell you are from Burnley. Please check your arithmetic and improve your typing skills. Its 26 for Rodrigo, 16 for Costa, 13 for Koch and 18 for Llorrente that's 73 not 83. £10m makes a difference.

wish we weren't spending so much money on this transfer window. the world's a different place right now and even the 49's are going to take a bath this year. They usually print money. No ticket revenue, the NFL ratings are horrible and TV ad revenue has dropped like a rock. The networks worldwide can keep taking baths on their sports programming. They will adjust. Nothing like it has ever occurred with the amount of money that's committed on TV revenue and the next contracts may not be anywhere near this years contract.

we would have stayed up with or without some of these signings but now we have committed so much money that we may have a hard time keeping some of existing players when thier contracts come up.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Alf, I can tell you are from Burnley. Please check your arithmetic and improve your typing skills. Its 26 for Rodrigo, 16 for Costa, 13 for Koch and 18 for Llorrente that's 73 not 83. £10m makes a difference.
    Whats 10 mil between friends.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    wish we weren't spending so much money on this transfer window. the world's a different place right now and even the 49's are going to take a bath this year. They usually print money. No ticket revenue, the NFL ratings are horrible and TV ad revenue has dropped like a rock. The networks worldwide can keep taking baths on their sports programming. They will adjust. Nothing like it has ever occurred with the amount of money that's committed on TV revenue and the next contracts may not be anywhere near this years contract.

we would have stayed up with or without some of these signings but now we have committed so much money that we may have a hard time keeping some of existing players when thier contracts come up.
    Not sure how much of a deficit a club is allowed in the Prem, but i know its more than in championship which is £39m over 3 years. My guess, is that it is a calculated risk and we will spend much less in the next 2 seasons.

Not sure how much of a deficit a club is allowed in the Prem, but i know its more than in championship which is £39m over 3 years. My guess, is that it is a calculated risk and we will spend much less in the next 2 seasons.
    Guess I was wrong. Its a loss of €30m over three years. But many rules have been relaxed because of COVID restrictions. Any losses caused directly by Covid can be written off. Still tough though.

Prem doesn’t really care - it is the UEFA rules that impose restrictions but Man City demonstrated how shambolic they are.

The prem is designed to bring in rich owners who will splash the cash.

Be more than 83 if you count the young ones signed plus the outstanding fee for Augustin dude.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Whats 10 mil between friends.
    10 million would but the whole of Burnley and Padiham with change for a fish supper and 20 pints of Tetley's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)