+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Derby vs Blackburn

[QUOTE=AdiSalisbury;39584576]
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

He's a striker who thinks he's a midfielder. Confused at best

Rooney says wether he plays or not
    Not the manager, because surely if it was purely tactical he wouldn't get a look in
    When Marriott went off, it looked like Rooney was playing up top. I went to make a cuppa and he was at right back position ??
    not a sole at centre forward
    I really don't think anyone knows their role in the team

[QUOTE=swaledale;39584504]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

One also has to question Rooney's worth? I'm sure he knows a lot about football but a master tactician and motivator?
    ...and yet he did, I think unquestionably, make a huge difference between January and lockdown in mid March.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39584666]
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

...and yet he did, I think unquestionably, make a huge difference between January and lockdown in mid March.
    To quote Martin Fry ‘that was then but this is now’. I thought MA’s markings were over generous for once, everyone but Marshall deserved a mark less IMO, but Rooney and De Twerk I’d mark at 2.

Question for MA, does Dutch footy run at a slower pace than EFL?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Do you not remember him coming back with Powell as his coach? Don't know why Morris sacked him. Morris then brought in Rowett and Lampard, I can't remember if Pearson was involved in this period or before. Sacked Rowett, and Lampard tore us apart. Each manager wanting their own thing, and Lampard being especially poor.

Short sighted repetitive poor decision making. Cocu deserves a chance in my book, but Morris has been a long term **** up.
    Not exactly true Adi McLaren accepted the Newcastle job behind MMs back had no option but to get rid Rowett walked himself to take the Stoke money . Lampard walked , Pearson had to go because of bullying allegations and rubbish football . Hardly Morris fault any of those of course he's made mistakes ,like trusting his money with Sam Rush . I'm sure you have disliked the play offs and final all out of his money

[QUOTE=swaledale;39584504]

One also has to question Rooney's worth? I'm sure he knows a lot about football but a master tactician and motivator?
    Swales I wonder but I don't know if we have to play him due to his sponsorship Certainly not worth his place at the moment . Put him on the bench

Just for the wrist slashers...in 1992-93, under well respected Arthur Cox, we lost our first three games...didn’t win until the seventh attempt and still finished 8th.
    Mind you, with an average attendance of about 16,000...the crowds were much bigger.

Not exactly true Adi McLaren accepted the Newcastle job behind MMs back had no option but to get rid Rowett walked himself to take the Stoke money . Lampard walked , Pearson had to go because of bullying allegations and rubbish football . Hardly Morris fault any of those of course he's made mistakes ,like trusting his money with Sam Rush . I'm sure you have disliked the play offs and final all out of his money
    Im talking mk 2 Mac. A string of terrible decisions and bad management

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just for the wrist slashers...in 1992-93, under well respected Arthur Cox, we lost our first three games...didn’t win until the seventh attempt and still finished 8th.
    Mind you, with an average attendance of about 16,000...the crowds were much bigger.
    Yes there have been a few Phoenix from the ashes seasons, my fave season of all time, 95/96 was almost as bad, going into out 16th game we were 18th and still sore from a tonking at Tranmere, but through it all dear old Jim seemed to have a plan, we only got well beaten by Wolves and (obviously) Barnsley, there were a lot of spirited draws and narrow defeats, whereas we’ve looked a division worse than everyone so far (and even worse, the equal of Barrow, who worked out our ponderous approach as easily as everyone else).

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;39584733]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

To quote Martin Fry ‘that was then but this is now’. I thought MA’s markings were over generous for once, everyone but Marshall deserved a mark less IMO, but Rooney and De Twerk I’d mark at 2.

Question for MA, does Dutch footy run at a slower pace than EFL?
    Yes.

[QUOTE=MadAmster;39584861]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

Yes.
    Do you think that’s a blind spot Cocu has?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)