+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World's Oldest

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    In other news. Anyone watching Linky V Pool. That's what you call a high press. Pool barely let them breathe in the 1st half. Linky have improved in the 2nd half tho. 2-6 at the min.
    Yes, unbelievable first half from Liverpool reserves.

Anthony Scully on the right for Lincoln....is he the son of the Tony Scully that once graced the right for Notts?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Anthony Scully on the right for Lincoln....is he the son of the Tony Scully that once graced the right for Notts?
    He is indeed.

Thanks. Some dodgy goalkeeping as well in the Lincoln net; I thought he could have got to the first one, and a couple of question marks on some of the others too.

Thanks. Some dodgy goalkeeping as well in the Lincoln net; I thought he could have got to the first one, and a couple of question marks on some of the others too.
    He was too far near the near post for all off them. The commentators have him a pass I think because the goals "looked good" but his positioning left a lot to be desired. Interestingly, he played a game for Notts as an emergency loan when we got relegated

There aren't many keepers who would have got to the free-kick!

Any mention of Tony Scully always brings this to mind:

Last edited by SwalePie; 25-09-2020 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Embedded video clip

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    There aren't many keepers who would have got to the free-kick!

Funnily enough, that was the one I thought he could've got to....he seemed to stop in mid attempt;no dive or anything. I'd have caught it in my prime with a quick throw to send Scanlon or Carter on their way.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yes we will be.

Sheffield, Hallam or Cray Wanderers would take the title if they got promoted enough times. Don't think there's any others still going that were formed before us that aren't a phoenix club or reformed many years later.
    Notts aren’t even the oldest club in Nottinghamshire. Worksop Town claim to be the 4th oldest football club in the world formed 1861.

I usually get to see them when not watching Notts which at the moment will be quite often. They’re in the NPL South East division, tier 8, same as Belper, Carlton Town and Ilkeston Not a bad standard of football in fact like those sides, Worksop would probably give Notts a good game currently. Crowds around 400 and a fair bit of investment coming in from an ambitious chairman, so after years in the doldrums could be on the way up. If you’re missing seeing live football in the fresh air, bored with the soulless Sky/BT dross being served up and the amateur streaming attempts of others why not give Worksop a visit. Could make it your second team. I did years ago and have always enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinno_Pie View Post
    Notts aren’t even the oldest club in Nottinghamshire. Worksop Town claim to be the 4th oldest football club in the world formed 1861.

I usually get to see them when not watching Notts which at the moment will be quite often. They’re in the NPL South East division, tier 8, same as Belper, Carlton Town and Ilkeston Not a bad standard of football in fact like those sides, Worksop would probably give Notts a good game currently. Crowds around 400 and a fair bit of investment coming in from an ambitious chairman, so after years in the doldrums could be on the way up. If you’re missing seeing live football in the fresh air, bored with the soulless Sky/BT dross being served up and the amateur streaming attempts of others why not give Worksop a visit. Could make it your second team. I did years ago and have always enjoyed it.
    Founder members of the Conference North I see along with Harrogate.
    Presumably you've got far more Blades and Owls fans pitching up there as their 2nd home than Notts/Fword. It's the same county but still a bit of a trek for most of us.

If Carlton Town (who aren't playing in Carlton as such) rebranded as Notts Rangers or Nottingham City or something like that, I'm pretty sure they'd increase their support significantly, especially now. Maybe they are happy as they are and there's the tradition argument, but if one of the non-league clubs renamed as Notts/Nottingham I really do think they'd reap huge benefits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12