+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Always next time...

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    IMO we need what I call journey men in the team players like Lasley, Arnott, Pettigrew who gave their all week in and week out. Certainly not the most gifted players but they knew what it meant to put on a WELL shirt and play for our club. Apart from Campbell no one else in the current playing pool shows that desire or determination. Giving Gallagher the captains arm band has been a step backward IMO for both the player and the team . I would make Carson or Campbell captain although it might not be fair to put Campbell under so much pressure and scrutiny
    Grimshaw certainly shows that desire and determination.

As for the rest, I seriously doubt it is a lack of will or hunger that's the main problem, with the possible exception of Watt - and we've still managed to coax him along a bit.

Even Long, the dour-faced moaner he is, is surely eager to do well if only to secure his move back home.

Gallagher is an interesting one - this time last season he was understandably being hailed as our best signing in years. Do you think it's more likely he just had a peak six months in his career or he could play to that level still if he wanted but can't be bothered? He's nearly 30 and his previous career has been freed from Celtic, on loan to Stranraer, then Clyde, Dundee, Livingston and us. Had he kept up his form from late 2019, he had a decent chance at a first and final move next summer which would likely set up his whole post football life. I just don't believe his slump is laziness whatever rather than a return to his more natural level. This is what happens with 95% of our players and is why they're with us to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    IMO we need what I call journey men in the team players like Lasley, Arnott, Pettigrew who gave their all week in and week out. Certainly not the most gifted players but they knew what it meant to put on a WELL shirt and play for our club. Apart from Campbell no one else in the current playing pool shows that desire or determination. Giving Gallagher the captains arm band has been a step backward IMO for both the player and the team . I would make Carson or Campbell captain although it might not be fair to put Campbell under so much pressure and scrutiny
    Hehe. Pettigrew a journeyman. He scored more goals than Dalglish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)