+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned insults in football grounds.

Banned insults in football grounds.

Nobody has been charged, but it would probably be most unwise to call somebody a "fat water buffalo" from now on.

Turned on the radio this morning, just as the news was on detailing the fatal shooting of a British police officer by somebody in custody, moments later Jim White is ranting about how Aid Akinfenwa has been let down because somebody called him a fat water buffalo, a complaint was made and it has been judged by the authorities as not being racist.
    Maybe there is some historical context I'm unaware of, but just so you all know.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Nobody has been charged, but it would probably be most unwise to call somebody a "fat water buffalo" from now on.

Turned on the radio this morning, just as the news was on detailing the fatal shooting of a British police officer by somebody in custody, moments later Jim White is ranting about how Aid Akinfenwa has been let down because somebody called him a fat water buffalo, a complaint was made and it has been judged by the authorities as not being racist.
    Maybe there is some historical context I'm unaware of, but just so you all know.
    Put some music on.

Talksport relies on faux outrage in order to make people tune in and listen to their sh!tty adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Put some music on.

Talksport relies on faux outrage in order to make people tune in and listen to their sh!tty adverts.
    Very true, though the 10-12 slot has become quite good again since Simon Jordan replaced the utterly pointless Natalie Sawyer in the last few weeks, I always turn off once they start bleating on about racism though. All power to Les Ferdinand for his fantastic statement earlier this week regards QPR players deciding they didn't want to take the knee anymore.

I think the context is that Akinfenwa is coming to the end of his career and is trying to crowbar his way into the racism-industrial complex.

I didn't realise there had been a police officer shot and killed, it's the twelfth story down on the webiste of the newspaper I read. Almost (tragi)comical really considering a black MP being in a car that is pulled over by the police warranted two days of very prominent coverage, but we are where we are.

Apparently an English Longhorn would be an acceptable term of abuse , but Aberdeen Angus could be a bit "iffy" as the Scottish people didn't vote for it , and it smacks of cultural appropriation

Story is,Akinfenwa was laughing and joking with the Fleetwood official but was slow( hardly surprising) on the uptake.............. I can get a gig outta of this.

Jim Woke, he couldn't get up further someone's arse if he tried.
    Last edited by navypie; 25-09-2020 at 06:56 PM.

The only thing I can think of that is vaguely connected is that Black regiments in the American Civil War were called 'Buffalo Soldiers'. Bit tenuous though? Perhaps he took exception to the word 'fat'.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The only thing I can think of that is vaguely connected is that Black regiments in the American Civil War were called 'Buffalo Soldiers'. Bit tenuous though? Perhaps he took exception to the word 'fat'.
    I have this picture of him and his mates rolling around his living room floor laughing. At the same time, the Left Lion will be going to print telling us how racist we are. Oh yes, I'm back!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Jim White said it was because it's a dark animal. Think AA said he wouldn't have taken offence to being called a fat pig, but you could just as easily claim your typical porky rolling around in the mud ends up looking like whitey with black face. Good that the FA chucked this one out but when you see reports of hate crimes on the increase within football you begin to wonder about the validity of the claims after hearing this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I have this picture of him and his mates rolling around his living room floor laughing. At the same time, the Left Lion will be going to print telling us how racist we are. Oh yes, I'm back!
    Heard a pearl from the convicted drink driver and racist, Trevor Sinclair." I don't apply for jobs because I'm black, that's why I don't get jobs" Eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast