+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Track and Trace App.

Track and Trace App.

Clitheroe v Prescot Cables tomorrow, ST holders only allowed in, this is from the club website.

"Covid-19 regulations – including track and trace – will be in place in and around the ground and we urge all supporters to adhere closely to them and to observe social distancing. We will have our new NHS track and trace QR code at the entrances for you to scan to check, so please download the App so you can scan this."

I read in the Times yesterday that they're expecting a 33% False Positive rate using this App, and if it finds you've gone out after being told to self-isolate it's a £10k fine. I'll be going to watch Clitheroe tomorrow, but needless to say I won't be downloading the App.

Is it virus free? I certainly won't be downloading it.

They will have to book you in with pencil and paper sinkov! Here at Ashington, it is only ST holders allowed in, of which I am one, however, the Northumberland Football Association, the Durham Football Association and the local authorities have got together and decreed that all spectators MUST wear a mask, even though we will be socially distanced in acres of space and the clubhouse and bar will be closed all day until one hour after the match has finished and then must close at 10 o'clock as per Government regulations.
    Needless to say, as someone with a broken nose and wearing specs which steam up with a mask on, I shall not be attending any games whilst this regulation is on force and neither will my mate. I have been unable to find any other County FA in the country that is specifying that masks must be worn in the open air and it certainly isn't an FA ruling!

I forgot to add ---enjoy the game you llucky bugger!

If you quietly mention who broke your nose Supersub6, I'll send the lads round. No names mentioned...

Dear B T: I admire your willingness to see justice done,as is it's your natural character, but your about 50 years behind time,its not done with the lads these days, it's done with a virus. Efficient ,cool, smooth, you can't see it ,can't smell it ,can't know it and ''wooof '' they are gone!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If you quietly mention who broke your nose Supersub6, I'll send the lads round. No names mentioned...
    Thanks BT but that is not necessary because it was broken three times playing football and one nostril is completely blocked and has been for many years! No big deal in normal circumstances but a pain when having to wear a mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Thanks BT but that is not necessary because it was broken three times playing football and one nostril is completely blocked and has been for many years! No big deal in normal circumstances but a pain when having to wear a mask!
    Reminds me of the quote from an ex Ice Hockey player in the States, "I never broke my nose playing hockey, but three other guys did".

You could try my trick Sub when I have to wander round a supermarket with Mrs S and my glasses start fogging up, I just slip the muzzle of the end of my nose. Problem solved and no one seems to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Clitheroe v Prescot Cables tomorrow, ST holders only allowed in, this is from the club website.

"Covid-19 regulations – including track and trace – will be in place in and around the ground and we urge all supporters to adhere closely to them and to observe social distancing. We will have our new NHS track and trace QR code at the entrances for you to scan to check, so please download the App so you can scan this."

I read in the Times yesterday that they're expecting a 33% False Positive rate using this App, and if it finds you've gone out after being told to self-isolate it's a £10k fine. I'll be going to watch Clitheroe tomorrow, but needless to say I won't be downloading the App.
    It only works intermittently anyway Sinkov , checked into local Muck Donald’s for coffee and they insisted we register , system says we are experiencing problems try later - what shall we do wait till it works or get down to Fairhaven for 18 holes , tough call I know.

Plus they may get more support from the public if when you fill it in ( and it’s working ). Suddenly your bombarded with rubbish e mails - puts you right off.

No problem getting in without the App, they just took my temperature and ST number, straight in, it did seem to be a bit of a pantomime with some of those who had the app on their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No problem getting in without the App, they just took my temperature and ST number, straight in, it did seem to be a bit of a pantomime with some of those who had the app on their phones.
    sinkov----did you have to wear a mask because you are in teh same lockdown conditions that we are up here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)