+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should the Scottish govt help Scottish football

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    30% of capacity and a pointless face covering if you need to get up to go for a pie, to the toilet etc.

But that sort of common sense has no place in the current panicdemic.
    Face masks are pointless but then again so is common sense these days.

I Just don't comply with the stupidest rules.

I will probably get slaughtered by Deeranged for this post but it just shows how useless Nicola and her sidekick Jason are.
    Yesterday they announced that students living in university halls of residence throughout Scptland can return home but they should not use public transport to return home.
    That is fine if they live on Mainland Scotland where mummy or daddy is able to jump into their car to go and collect them.
    What happens if mummy or daddy does not own a car or is not able to drive the length of Scotland to collect them.
    Worse than that, students who live on a Scottish island can only return by using public transport which is either a Scottish Government owned Calmac Ferry or Northlink to Orkney and the Shetland Isles.
    It costs £69 for a car on the return sailing from Islay to Kennacraig plus £13.80 for a return trip for the car driver.
    People are not allowed to remain in their car on the car deck on the ferries to and from Islay. You can on the short ferry crossing from Lochaline to Finnish that Deeranged took recently.
    Hopefully Nippy, the dentist or one of their spies reading this post will be able to explain how students can return home to Islay, the Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland without using public transport. She maybe thinks that they can walk on water or more likely she could not give a stuff as they do not live in the Central Belt of Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I will probably get slaughtered by Deeranged for this post but it just shows how useless Nicola and her sidekick Jason are.
    Yesterday they announced that students living in university halls of residence throughout Scptland can return home but they should not use public transport to return home.
    That is fine if they live on Mainland Scotland where mummy or daddy is able to jump into their car to go and collect them.
    What happens if mummy or daddy does not own a car or is not able to drive the length of Scotland to collect them.
    Worse than that, students who live on a Scottish island can only return by using public transport which is either a Scottish Government owned Calmac Ferry or Northlink to Orkney and the Shetland Isles.
    It costs £69 for a car on the return sailing from Islay to Kennacraig plus £13.80 for a return trip for the car driver.
    People are not allowed to remain in their car on the car deck on the ferries to and from Islay. You can on the short ferry crossing from Lochaline to Finnish that Deeranged took recently.
    Hopefully Nippy, the dentist or one of their spies reading this post will be able to explain how students can return home to Islay, the Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland without using public transport. She maybe thinks that they can walk on water or more likely she could not give a stuff as they do not live in the Central Belt of Scotland.
    Why would I slaughter you for that? It's factual and a very good observation.

To try to get the thread back on topic I think we are forgetting that the politicians are voted in to do our bidding. Suppose all the clubs said that they don't want a handout but just want a reasonable way to operate. I would think that would be a popular message for both politicians and non football supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    To try to get the thread back on topic I think we are forgetting that the politicians are voted in to do our bidding. Suppose all the clubs said that they don't want a handout but just want a reasonable way to operate. I would think that would be a popular message for both politicians and non football supporters.
    Scottish football has been downtrodden for so long that I think it's difficult for them to argue back....but they have to find their balls and make the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Scottish football has been downtrodden for so long that I think it's difficult for them to argue back....but they have to find their balls and make the case.
    Think people power, or rather supporter power, might actually be more effective. Press seem to think they can bully the politicians by making out there is a history of mistrust between the government and the SFA/SPFL. How much money already goes from government to support youth academies, how much works its way into football coffers through the community trusts and groups. I would prefer if we could try to make a case that by giving some sensible guidance about attendances the club's outside the SPL could sort themselves out.

I thought that I would get into trouble for going off the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think people power, or rather supporter power, might actually be more effective. Press seem to think they can bully the politicians by making out there is a history of mistrust between the government and the SFA/SPFL. How much money already goes from government to support youth academies, how much works its way into football coffers through the community trusts and groups. I would prefer if we could try to make a case that by giving some sensible guidance about attendances the club's outside the SPL could sort themselves out.
    I enclose the home page of the Dundee FC in the Community Trust which lists all their sponsors. https://dfccommunitytrust.org.uk/
    There is no sign of any sponsorship from the Scottish Government.
    Joe Fitzpatrick who is the Dundee West MSP is the Scottish Government Sports minister.
    In my opinion he is the obvious person for football supporters who live in the Dundee West constituency to contact him about the reopening of football grounds to spectators.
    If he was my MSP I would have no hesitation contacting him. Sadly my MSP is Michael Russell who is biding his time until he steps down next April.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I enclose the home page of the Dundee FC in the Community Trust which lists all their sponsors. https://dfccommunitytrust.org.uk/
    There is no sign of any sponsorship from the Scottish Government.
    Joe Fitzpatrick who is the Dundee West MSP is the Scottish Government Sports minister.
    In my opinion he is the obvious person for football supporters who live in the Dundee West constituency to contact him about the reopening of football grounds to spectators.
    If he was my MSP I would have no hesitation contacting him. Sadly my MSP is Michael Russell who is biding his time until he steps down next April.
    Born, grew up in and represents Dundee, but only interested in Celtic.

Perhaps because you usually do.
    Sanctimonious arsehole.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)