+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should the Scottish govt help Scottish football

Should the Scottish govt help Scottish football

If there are no crowds let in there COULD (that word again) be a fair few folding the tents up.

Heard on the radio there's been a survey out asking clubs how long they can survive without crowds.

Up to now football in Scotland has said how high when the govt has said jump, the football authorities should now be applying a bit of pressure and asking the questions.

I don't see why there has to be zero crowds.

In short - yes they should.

Think part of the trouble Scottish football faces is because of attempts to get money out of the government for community purposes. It's put the clubs into almost a client of the politicians. I think this explains why there has been such a surrender to the question of social distancing.
    There is no logical reason why strangers can turn up to indoor venues like pubs and yet football fans can't get to games.Jason Leitch has been hailed as a saviour and yet his message is flawed when you look at football grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Jason Leitch has been hailed as a saviour and yet his message is flawed when you look at football grounds.
    Many more flaws than that. Students being put under house arrest, you can get a negative test, I can get a negative test, RRoS can get a negative test but we can't go to each others' houses - all three meeting in a pub full of strangers whose results you don't know is fine mind.

I would like to see some meaningful support ,football clubs are more than businesses they are integral to local society ,I just don’t see think any government sees them as that ,Dick Campbell was saying that last night if this kicks into next year there will be clubs lost,I think that’s what he was saying anyway...

My normal view would be that clubs have to stand on their own two feet but I honestly think this is a different kettle of fish.

God knows where we would have been without that insurance cover, still nervous about signing players though given season may not start and even if it does possibly not finish.

I'd really like the authorities to push for crowds up to 30% of capacity up to a maximum of say 4000/5000

1000 people in a stand or 50 folk in docs....what has more risk?

If the govt won't allow fans they then have to try and help the game.....it is the national sport after all.

No away fans I can go along with, they are more inebriated and likely to misbehave but as Deeranged says these rules are stupid and leitch ties himself in knots trying to explain why.

Don't understand why pubs for example can have indoor customers and football grounds can't even get a hearing. It is really unfortunate that the only arguments we seem to be able to employ seem to rely on saying if it's ok for them to open why can't we. Chomp made a good point weeks ago when I was bumping my gums a out this topic. Football fans can't be trusted to behave. I think we should have a campaign about this and , in a shocking change of mind from me, I think we should get the OF fans to link up and start a public petition to get fair treatment for football fans. All the rabid West coast sense of entitlement is actually a potential source of influence.
    Maybe, just maybe, if the OF fans in a common cause on behalf of all Scottish football fans we might get somewhere.
    The official leadership of Scottish football has for years tried to get help from governments. Their default mode is to collaborate with, rather than confront the authorities.

see that the press is at last waking up to the threat to football. Think I'd rather see a campaign to get sensible social distancing for football crowds than just get money form the government.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    see that the press is at last waking up to the threat to football. Think I'd rather see a campaign to get sensible social distancing for football crowds than just get money form the government.
    Me to.

But by sensible I don't won't 500, up to 30% capacity for me.

30% of capacity and a pointless face covering if you need to get up to go for a pie, to the toilet etc.

But that sort of common sense has no place in the current panicdemic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)