+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy out clause for Struber

Buy out clause for Struber

BARNSLEY chief executive Dane Murphy insists that there is 'nothing concrete' in rumours linking head coach Gerhard Struber to the vacant post at MLS franchise New York Red Bulls - but he has confirmed that the Austrian has a buy-out clause in his Reds' deal.

According to some reports, Struber has been identified by Red Bull's as a potential replacement for Chris Armas, who left his position as head coach earlier this month.

Murphy has stressed that the 42-year-old - who was the subject of previous interest from other clubs in the summer including Watford - remains happy at Oakwell, with the club aiming to add to his options with the addition of a couple of key players, including a centre forward, before the transfer deadline next month.

Murphy told The Yorkshire Post: "It is pretty cut & clear that in his contract, there is a buy-out clause. If it is met, it is up to Gerhard whether he'd like to go or not.

"But Gerhard has made it clear he wants to be coach of Barnsley Football Club this season.

"We want him as our coach & as of this moment, that's what he is and he's taking the game tomorrow and beyond.

"We are focused on the season and all the speculation and things that are brought out in the media and online, each of them wants to becomes a distraction.

"Definitely in this part of the season, whether it is players or head coaches or other members of staff, there can be speculation that they may be going somewhere and then online, it says it is 'definitely' happening.

"You just have to steer clear of it and be honest and open about it. Yes, there have been calls and discussions. But there's nothing concrete. He is our head coach."

Honest your lot don't know meaning of the word

He's on his way then.

Best Wishes back in the Red Bull set up Gerhard.

He stays he stays , he leaves he leaves .

Just another faceless character who has passed through the club to me .

Had a memorable night at Brentford and a huge slice of luck to stick on his CV .

Nowt else to add really .

But not a great start to our season on and off the pitch is it?

I’ve reached the point where I couldn’t give rats about managers or players comings and goings.
    While ever they’re here I’ll support them and when they’re gone I’ll support whoever takes their place.

There has been many comments on here as regards Stendel and Struber. ......Euphoria...... support, and indifference.
    This guy ACTUALLY returns to have another crack (despite offers) at keeping us up again, despite him probably KNOWING there’s only pennies available, under Covid, and no money, or fans ........ And REALISTICALLY nowt else, and is labelled faceless.
    Nah.... that’s not right.
    Faceless would have gone and walked and said “Feck You” Barnsley, Ill take the first pay day out of here in Austria or anywhere......
    He came back.......
    wrong to reward that with “Faceless “.
    Unfair.
    Faceless should be the term labelled at our ownership.
    Last edited by Jules88; 25-09-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    There has been many comments on here as regards Stendel and Struber. ......Euphoria...... support, and indifference.
    This guy ACTUALLY returns to have another crack (despite offers) at keeping us up again, despite him probably KNOWING there’s only pennies available, under Covid, and no money, or fans ........ And REALISTICALLY nowt else, and is labelled faceless.
    Nah.... that’s not right.
    Faceless would have gone and walked and said “Feck You” Barnsley, Ill take the first pay day out of here in Austria or anywhere......
    He came back.......
    wrong to reward that with “Faceless “.
    Unfair.
    Faceless should be the term labelled at our ownership.
    Surprised you can't see it Jules , never mind .

He's playing you , me and the club for that matter .

Actually scrub that he ain't playing me because I've worked him out .

Allow me to update his CV , I kept Barnsley up because Wigan went in to administration .

I've solved the problem of conceding so many goals by hanging our best forward out to dry and now we can't hit a cows ass with a banjo .

Ritzmaier starts before Woodrow , Chaplin and Styles because I wanted him , I know him from my time in Austria and I'd look a tw@t if I didn't pick him every week .

I'm actually a one trick pony in reality , so much so I couldn't come up with anything else on Wednesday night other than to take Chelsea on and make the game an actual joke in a tactical nous kind of way .

The owners aren't backing me , I'll use the media to shift the blame , no they aren't backing you fully by any means but you've had more say than any other HC of late and started the new season with a settled squad which is more than Hecky and Stendel had and with two fairly reasonable opening two games you've no points and no goals .

You might want to actually research how many goals Chaplin and Woodrow scored last season as a front two indivdually in a struggling side , maybe it's you who are missing something and cant see the wood from the trees .

Yes it's harsh but don't fecking come the big un with me Struber and head for New York and a lower standard of football although a better lifestyle .

My eyes are wide feckin open , you ain't all that and in every season I've ever followed this club you'd have had to start the season in league one and build your stock from that position .

Si thi Gerhard .

Exactly , i've never took to him ,

Struber is just a jobbing Head Coach Jules who will move when it suits him, as are most coaches.

After spending ten years in IT and Insurance he went to Austrian 4th tier SV Kuchi part time for 1year 8 months, alongside coaching part time with RB Salzburg U 15's.
    In June 2017 he became Coach at FC Liefering but left just over a year later to study for his UEFA Pro Licence.
    In July 2019 he became Coach at Wolfsburger but left them just five months later to come to Barnsley.
    He has been in contact with other clubs during his 10 months here and the Watford and New York RB ones have gained most public airing.

He is an ambitious man looking to move on from Barnsley Jules. There is no long term or even medium term commitment to us. I shouldn't get too attached to him and put too much on the ruerrin at Brentford. When the chance arises he will be off without a second glance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast