+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest

Have Forest set the seeds to mirror our relegation season out of the football league?

1.) They missed out on the playoffs in remarkable fashion. We lost to Coventry in the playoff semi final.
    2.) They have lost the first four games of the season after the manager has brought in new players. That mirrors what we did.
    3.) Nolan was sacked after a six game winless run at the start of the season. Sabri is on four.

One thing is certain the manager over there will be under pressure. It’s whether their owners and chairman are going to give him time to turn it around or will they follow us and part ways in two games time?

To be continued.....

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The only club in Nottingham with a more negative worse manager than Notts County. Funny.
    Yes but he will be gone soon to be replaced by someone like Pearson or Houghton, we will still be stuck with Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Brilliant, trying their best to catch Sheffield Wednesday.
    Agreed, they are starting their Relegation Push early this season to avoid any further disappointment for sure.

I don’t get it, the only time we Notts supporters should be Gloating at Forests demise is when we are above them in the league - we are “non-league’ FFS! - it is not gloating in my opinion it is pure jealousy.
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 26-09-2020 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    A reason why the Premier League want to know how any financial support will be distributed. Why should a club like Forest who have spent millions and signed a number of players be entitled to any hand outs when other clubs have made cuts?
    I will drink to that looks like being a heavy weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I don’t get it, the only time we Notts supporters should be Gloating at Forests demise is when we are above them in the league - we are “non-league’ FFS! - it is not gloating in my opinion it is pure jealousy.
    Your first four words sum up your position perfectly!

Their transfer policy is absolutely mental and has been for years Signing so many new players rarely works, but it would make more sense if the players they signed were better than they already had. They've signed some right rubbish who probably won't even play. Like the left back they bought yesterday...a 4 year deal for somebody who failed in England once already?! Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Sorry but no world exists in which Forest losing their first four competitive games of the season without scoring a goal is not hilarious.
    Gloat gloat gloat - sue me
    If we have a worse start I will. It'll all be your and sailor boy's fault if that happens. However I'll be more than happy to see a scenario where I can join you.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    If you can only gloat at a rivals when you are above them in the league then football is ruined. That would be a dull footballing world and end so many rivalries.

Of course it's underpinned by jealousy , everybody knows that but why should that stop you taking joy in a near neighbour struggling. It's part and parcel of what makes football great.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Your first four words sum up your position perfectly!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast