+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Had a half hearted look earlier who they expect to replace him. One person suggested Guy Branston.
    Other names, Nigel Clough (inevitably), Eddie Howe, Nigel Pearson.
    I hope it's Gary Brazil again.
    Eddie Howe would be an interesting choice. Amazing at Bournemouth (until the final season), failure at Burnley.

They’d never get the job, but I’m sure the Cowleys would be applying too.

Someone on here was mentioning possible replacements for Neal Ardley if the owners wield the axe after a poor start. Wouldn’t be 100% surprised if they brought in a Dane (a la Brentford), but Steve Watson seems to be doing a decent job at York if our experience of playing them is any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    'Meringue rings round 'em,' was Frazier Campbell's honest,if ungrammatical,post game assessment.
    When Lamouchi gets blown out, I’ve heard they’re getting Frankie Bunn in.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I reckon Agent Fullarton might be up for it. He's probably editing his PowerPoint as I type this...
    Hang on Jamie Fullarton was better than Ardley

Fullarton record at Notts County was only over 12 games W3 D1 L 8 = Win Rate 25 % , Points gained from 12matches = 10 Points
    compared To Neal Ardleys first 12 games at Notts W1 D5 L 6 =Win Rate 8% ,Points from 12 Matches = 8 points

Its no wonder we were relegated, can still not believe how bad Ardley was in his first 12 matches, and the loss to Macclesfield on our own pitch was unforgiveable, on that form should been sacked in January 2019

He wasn't. Stats don't tell the whole story.

Let's not forget how we started that season, what was it no win in first 7 or 8 games? That has a big impact on the whole season.

Agree regarding the Macclesfield home game, inexcusable that. Shocking perfomance.

Anybody know what Fullarton is doing now? His walking out on Halifax suggests he became disillusioned with the game and maybe for good. He always reminded me of Christopher Beeny (bit of a 'wet drip' comedy actor) but Fullarton has got another side to him (see photo below) which we never saw.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    He wasn't. Stats don't tell the whole story.

Let's not forget how we started that season, what was it no win in first 7 or 8 games? That has a big impact on the whole season.

Agree regarding the Macclesfield home game, inexcusable that. Shocking perfomance.
    Maybe one day , you will just have to admit, that you backed a dead horse in Ardley??

Chris Houghton or Pearson would be a popular choice for Forest fans I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Maybe one day , you will just have to admit, that you backed a dead horse in Ardley??
    You are missing the point.

Most Notts managers have been "dead horses" as you put it. You seem to absolutely love a stat just look at the list of managers and managers names Davy.

I've fully backed giving a manager a chance, giving a manager more than just one season. Less so Neal Ardley specifically just anything other than the usual chopping and changing of managers every season which has proved so unsuccessful at Meadow Lane.

Most Notts managers have been "dead horses" as you put it. You seem to absolutely love a stat just look at the list of managers and managers names Davy.

I've fully backed giving a manager a chance, giving a manager more than just one season. Less so Neal Ardley specifically just anything other than the usual chopping and changing of managers every season which has proved so unsuccessful at Meadow Lane.
    It's easy for us to sit here and say "we shouldn't have sacked Martin Allen" for example, but sadly his position had become untenable because of AT. I wish to god she'd been sacked but that was never an option.

If you go back and look at the context of each case, almost every manager we've had over the past 30 years has reached the point of no return - for whatever reason. You can't blame owners for sacking managers who are bungee jumping towards relegation with games running out, that's basically a given (it didn't work in some cases but did in others), you can't blame chairman for sacking managers who have broken club records of the wrong kind or got you relegated (otherwise, when is it justified?), you can't blame chairman drawing the line at "excessive socializing".

Can we blame owners for making bad appointments in the first place? If so then the revolving door is a symptom, not the cause.

The fact is that most mangers have been average, not dead horses. They were sacked because Notts were desperate for promotion, most of the time, we could never settle with mid table
    Shame some did,nt have this idea of backing the manger long before now

The fact is Ardley deserved to be sacked probably more than any other manager i can think off, just 1 win in his first 12 games, responsible for our relegation, failure with arguably the best squad and backing to get us promoted, this pre season full of holes, nothing ever changes with Ardley
    I alaways thought by the law of averages, if you gave Ardley enough chances, he will finally come good ??

I heard d all this nonsense from pro Ardley supporters , about what a mess the club was in when he arrived, so plenty of other managers have been to clubs in a mess both on and off the field, but turned things round despite everything

How else can a manager be judged then apart from stats, on the games won and lost, its a result orientated business

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast