+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Forest

Say that again, "Neal Ardley is the worst Notts manager of all time?" He's not even the worst Notts manager of the past decade let alone ever.

There are much better managers than Ardley to firefight and get a club out of the deep mess it found itself in. I didn't appoint Ardley, Mr Hardy is so blame him. Average choice and bad timing.

He was backed (as I said) but he wasn't backed as much as Nolan was for that season. How much did Enzio and Dennis alone cost the club?

Agree I don't think we would have caught Barrow but don't pretend we weren't in very good form at the time the season was suspended. How many teams were in better form in the entire league? One maybe two? So you saying we would have dropped down the league is based on no evidence just your clearly biased opinion / guesswork

I do agree with your last paragraph, he's had more chances than any other Notts manager in recent times. Why? Cos he's actually had more than one full season in charge from start to finish. Not many other Notts managers were allowed that luxury. Which sums the real issue up perfectly.

Managers don't often get chances at Notts, usually just a single chance and then they are gone with our best wishes and a cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Think you will find Jamie Fullarton had to deal with even more than Ardley did at Notts county, in which Ray trew put the club up for sale, and fullarton was not backed in the transfer market like Ardley
    The dozen game period compares Ardley to Fullarton, because fullarton only did 12 games as manager

Certainly did,nt work sticking with Ardley, he relegated us, there is no doubt or speculation there at all , Ardley failed, and is the worst Notts County Manager of all time

i disagree i think Ardley has been backed heavily ( nobody more- considering his terrible record ) ) - Nolan still streets ahead of Ardley , if i had a choice over the two to be manager now, nolan every time

Fact is that there are many managers that would have kept us up , you yourself said some managers are better coming into certain situations, but not Ardley

Don, t try and cover up Ardley,s incompetence by events off the field, he was heavily backed by Alan Hardy, and allowed to bring 7 players of his own in January

As fans thinking we would catch Barrow its delusional, with having played a game more, and 7 points behind them with 9 games left. Ardley couldnt catch a tortoise , with his slow starts in the first half, and negative respect the point tactics

Anyway this season will finally tell , whether Ardley after more chances than nearly any other Notts Manager can finally be successful
    Well if he fails and receives the Honour of the Brown Envelope may i suggest you put your C V in for the job, because the way I see it you are a natural, you appear to have all the answers to all the questions and in some instances before they are asked, that in its self is a gift that many Clubs would grab you for the role of Manage, Coach and it has to be said Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

I hope you are successful then I for one can sit here and r the Urinicals out of you, unsurprisingly I do not think I will be on my own.

Ok we have to agree to differ about Ardley being the worst Notts manager ever, you don,t think so, i definately do

Its all past now, and we have just got the official confirmation that the season will start on Saturday away at Dover, a poor team we must beat if we are serious about promotion, where i will expect nothing short of all 3 points, don,t worry if we loose i will probably lay into Ardley,s dire tactics, but i will not call for his head at this stage
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Well if he fails and receives the Honour of the Brown Envelope may i suggest you put your C V in for the job, because the way I see it you are a natural, you appear to have all the answers to all the questions and in some instances before they are asked, that in its self is a gift that many Clubs would grab you for the role of Manage, Coach and it has to be said Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

I hope you are successful then I for one can sit here and r the Urinicals out of you, unsurprisingly I do not think I will be on my own.
    Thanks for the nomination, i appreciate that

But it does make you wonder, if you just put any manager in the position as notts county manager ,that they would have done much worse

It probably doesn't help that managers (and in many cases chairman) give so many interviews these days - pre and post match - of increasing length and depth, it went on for 9 minutes after the York friendly on Saturday. That's bound to lessen the time it takes for people to become sick of hearing the same excuses when things aren't going well.

I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that Fullarton's interview with Colin Slater regards Stanley Aborah signaled the green light for the fan base to force him out. Like it or not, interviews with managers are a very important aspect of the modern game and as a consequence, managers have to be able to manage the fan base as well as the team.

Yes thats very true , especially in Fullartons case

Perhaps Jimmy Sirrel had the right idea, i rarely remember him giving many interviews,he believed his job was purely football based, not to entertain the media , and if there was any interviews , it was usually his number 2 that did them

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Yes thats very true , especially in Fullartons case

Perhaps Jimmy Sirrel had the right idea, i rarely remember him giving many interviews,he believed his job was purely football based, not to entertain the media , and if there was any interviews , it was usually his number 2 that did them
    I think even if Jimmy did give an interview we wouldn't have understood a word he said.

Last edited by navypie; 02-10-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    The gift that keeps on giving

Bump
    I need something to cheer me up.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast