+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    ...failure with arguably the best squad and backing to get us promoted,
    Reaching the play off final is considered failure? Blimey I must have missed the memo when that was decided.

Oh well opinions. opinions ....

So reading your latest post Davy you wanted Ardley sacked after the Swindon game for getting us relegated? And you also wanted sacked after the play off final loss for not getting us promoted?

No doubt you also wanted him sacked during last season around November/December time?

And some say this club has a history of sacking managers prematurely in the past two decades.

Nah what a load of rubbish.

Davy you clearly love stats, the owners love stats , leave it with the owners to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    When Lamouchi gets blown out, I’ve heard they’re getting Frankie Bunn in.
    Nah - he has too much waffle about him.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    So reading your latest post Davy you wanted Ardley sacked after the Swindon game for getting us relegated? And you also wanted sacked after the play off final loss for not getting us promoted?

No doubt you also wanted him sacked during last season around November/December time?

And some say this club has a history of sacking managers prematurely in the past two decades.

Nah what a load of rubbish.

Davy you clearly love stats, the owners love stats , leave it with the owners to decide.
    You havent answered my question??

1) About how many other managers have turned things around after trouble on and off the field at clubs

2)on how do you judge a manager then if not on the stats of the points they have gained over the matches they have been in charge, the league opeartes a similar system where teams are ranked on the points they achieve at any given time, or over a season. Its tough if a manager comes in to a bad atmosphere, they accepted the job, the same as if a club loses matches if players are injured, suspended, or loan players return to parent clubs
    Try telling a club relegated or promoted, stats don,t tell the story, its only points on the board that matter, and the stats say notts were relegated in 2019 , and barrow and harrogate were promoted 2020, end off

One thing we can be certain off is , you will stick blindly with Ardley no matter what, all because we should stick with any manager not because of Ardley himself. Why don,t we get jamie fullarton in, who got more points than Ardley on a game to game basis,

I wanted him sacked in January 2019, after 1 win in 12 matches, i wanted him sacked for relegating us after the swindon game ( the reason he was not is due to Alan Hardy,s departure), yes i wanted him sacked last november / December time in which we realistically lost all hope of finishing top

Even though we finished 3rd, when the season was ended in march, if the season had continued i think we would have finished lower, we had some tough matches to come, torquay , harrogate, yeovil etc, and had played a game more than some teams behind us

You could argue that it was a failure not to get promotion, when you look at the squad and budget available to Ardley. what piss..s me of the most is all this rubbish about how hard Ardley has had it due to the running of the club, complete garbage. Ardley first of all accepted the job knowing the circumstances, was heavily backed by 2 chairman , and has still failed, despite having the players, and resources other clubs could only dream off

I have never said Ardley should be sacked after the play off final , he should have been sacked long before he got this far as notts manager .
    But seeing as he is here, lets hope he finally gets his act together for notts county sake , judging by the holes in pre-season unlikely, but hope springs eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    You havent answered my question??

1) About how many other managers have turned things around after trouble on and off the field at clubs

2)on how do you judge a manager then if not on the stats of the points they have gained over the matches they have been in charge, the league opeartes a similar system where teams are ranked on the points they achieve at any given time, or over a season. Its tough if a manager comes in to a bad atmosphere, they accepted the job, the same as if a club loses matches if players are injured, suspended, or loan players return to parent clubs
    Try telling a club relegated or promoted, stats don,t tell the story, its only points on the board that matter, and the stats say notts were relegated in 2019 , and barrow and harrogate were promoted 2020, end off

One thing we can be certain off is , you will stick blindly with Ardley no matter what, all because we should stick with any manager not because of Ardley himself. Why don,t we get jamie fullarton in, who got more points than Ardley on a game to game basis,

I wanted him sacked in January 2019, after 1 win in 12 matches, i wanted him sacked for relegating us after the swindon game ( the reason he was not is due to Alan Hardy,s departure), yes i wanted him sacked last november / December time in which we realistically lost all hope of finishing top

Even though we finished 3rd, when the season was ended in march, if the season had continued i think we would have finished lower, we had some tough matches to come, torquay , harrogate, yeovil etc, and had played a game more than some teams behind us

You could argue that it was a failure not to get promotion, when you look at the squad and budget available to Ardley. what piss..s me of the most is all this rubbish about how hard Ardley has had it due to the running of the club, complete garbage. Ardley first of all accepted the job knowing the circumstances, was heavily backed by 2 chairman , and has still failed, despite having the players, and resources other clubs could only dream off

I have never said Ardley should be sacked after the play off final , he should have been sacked long before he got this far as notts manager .
    But seeing as he is here, lets hope he finally gets his act together for notts county sake , judging by the holes in pre-season unlikely, but hope springs eternal
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Spot on.
    Evidence points that sacking doesn’t work.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...586.html%3famp

Anecdotal evidence proves it doesn’t work as we are now non league not premier league. If sacking managers works why are we not doing a Burnley?

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    Evidence points that sacking doesn’t work.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...586.html%3famp

Anecdotal evidence proves it doesn’t work as we are now non league not premier league. If sacking managers works why are we not doing a Burnley?
    Because after sacking one loser we replace him with another.

Oh Davy.

Some managers are better at coming in turning a club around who are a mess on and off the field. A firefighting type manager like Martin Allen. He's great in the short term, not so good beyond that as his record shows.

As we had prematurely sacked Nolan that season, then prematurely sacked Kewell (spotting a trend here?) We then needed a firefighting manager to rescue Notts it soon became apparent we didn't have one in Ardley. Poor decision from Alan Hardy.

You wanted another sacking that season after he had 12 games in charge, so that would have been 4 managers in charge of Notts that season. Magic, that's gonna work?!?!

That answers that one. Next...

Stats help, they give a guide no doubt but you aren't comparing like for like. Did Fullarton take over the club in a better position than when Ardley did?
    Based on your 12 game sample I'm not sure how many Notts fans would want Fullarton managing us over Ardley right now but I imagine it would be a very low percentage. Next....

We finished 3rd, but you think we would have finished lower because we had tough games to come and played more games than some. Like with anyone that's just guesswork, your opinion shock horror negative opinion.

That view is easily countered, when the season stopped we were already in very good form maybe 2/3rd best in the league at the time, we also had a very good record against the better teams so the 3 tough games left shouldn't be too scary. You are a man of stats you knew these things already but omitted them. A few fans suggested we could have caught Barrow, I disagree but didn't see us falling outside the top 4.

Your final point is laughable to me and many. Anyone who dismisses or even plays down the impact of the shambolic running of the club for the whole of the relegation season and the complete lack of a pre season can't be taken too seriously. Nolan heavily backed (nobody backed more) then sacked after 5/6 games that season, Kewell in and out before you could blink. Ardley backed again and failed. All occurred whilst our financial problems mounted and played out in the media, the club put up for sale during a relegation battle and all the uncertainty that comes with it.

The evidence is there for you to analyse throughout football history not over a dozen game period. To sum it up for you, if you are a mess off the field , you are very often a mess on it. We are sadly a great example of it. If the club is mismanaged to a large enough degree it catches up with you, like it has Bury, Macclesfield and many other clubs in NL football.

There you go all questions answered.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Oh Davy.

Some managers are better at coming in turning a club around who are a mess on and off the field. A firefighting type manager like Martin Allen. He's great in the short term, not so good beyond that as his record shows.

As we had prematurely sacked Nolan that season, then prematurely sacked Kewell (spotting a trend here?) We then needed a firefighting manager to rescue Notts it soon became apparent we didn't have one in Ardley. Poor decision from Alan Hardy.

You wanted another sacking that season after he had 12 games in charge, so that would have been 4 managers in charge of Notts that season. Magic, that's gonna work?!?!

That answers that one. Next...

Stats help, they give a guide no doubt but you aren't comparing like for like. Did Fullarton take over the club in a better position than when Ardley did?
    Based on your 12 game sample I'm not sure how many Notts fans would want Fullarton managing us over Ardley right now but I imagine it would be a very low percentage. Next....

We finished 3rd, but you think we would have finished lower because we had tough games to come and played more games than some. Like with anyone that's just guesswork, your opinion shock horror negative opinion.

That view is easily countered, when the season stopped we were already in very good form maybe 2/3rd best in the league at the time, we also had a very good record against the better teams so the 3 tough games left shouldn't be too scary. You are a man of stats you knew these things already but omitted them. A few fans suggested we could have caught Barrow, I disagree but didn't see us falling outside the top 4.

Your final point is laughable to me and many. Anyone who dismisses or even plays down the impact of the shambolic running of the club for the whole of the relegation season and the complete lack of a pre season can't be taken too seriously. Nolan heavily backed (nobody backed more) then sacked after 5/6 games that season, Kewell in and out before you could blink. Ardley backed again and failed. All occurred whilst our financial problems mounted and played out in the media, the club put up for sale during a relegation battle and all the uncertainty that comes with it.

The evidence is there for you to analyse throughout football history not over a dozen game period. To sum it up for you, if you are a mess off the field , you are very often a mess on it. We are sadly a great example of it. If the club is mismanaged to a large enough degree it catches up with you, like it has Bury, Macclesfield and many other clubs in NL football.

There you go all questions answered.
    Think you will find Jamie Fullarton had to deal with even more than Ardley did at Notts county, in which Ray trew put the club up for sale, and fullarton was not backed in the transfer market like Ardley
    The dozen game period compares Ardley to Fullarton, because fullarton only did 12 games as manager

Certainly did,nt work sticking with Ardley, he relegated us, there is no doubt or speculation there at all , Ardley failed, and is the worst Notts County Manager of all time

i disagree i think Ardley has been backed heavily ( nobody more- considering his terrible record ) ) - Nolan still streets ahead of Ardley , if i had a choice over the two to be manager now, nolan every time

Fact is that there are many managers that would have kept us up , you yourself said some managers are better coming into certain situations, but not Ardley

Don, t try and cover up Ardley,s incompetence by events off the field, he was heavily backed by Alan Hardy, and allowed to bring 7 players of his own in January

As fans thinking we would catch Barrow its delusional, with having played a game more, and 7 points behind them with 9 games left. Ardley couldnt catch a tortoise , with his slow starts in the first half, and negative respect the point tactics

Anyway this season will finally tell , whether Ardley after more chances than nearly any other Notts Manager can finally be successful

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast