+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Wilder wingeing about a foul maybe 5 minutes before the goal. What a team full of angels he has too.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Wilder wingeing about a foul maybe 5 minutes before the goal. What a team full of angels he has too.
    In fairness, I think there was a foul, but you have to play the whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    We cheated a bit today too. I think we had 2 Stuarty Dallas’s on.
    That was to make up for an invisible Roberts. One could clearly see him running around, but didn't seem to do anything creative. Also, sheffield united committed a great number of fouls. 18 I think,9 to leeds 4. Even Bielsa got upset at this at the end. Dallas was felled badly twice. Then the guilty player pleads innocence. It was annoying.

Has he said 'Those Muppets from Leeds' yet?

Roberts needs to be loaned out or sold..very poor today and not good enough at this level.

Hopefully Rodrigo just moved up the pecking order

Roberts is a waste of a shirt.

Best aspect today was the clean sheet, itll take the back 4 a while to get it together so this was important. Good to win ugly too.

We played some lovely football at times so i wouldnt say we won ugly, For those who havent seen it Meslier made 2 world class saves, Apart from that we fully deserved the win and a positive is the clean sheet and Bamford and Koch, both really good today, I dont like to single out players for being poor but Roberts really was today, Happy being a Leeds fan right now whatever happens in this league..

some observations for FWIW

Meslier is the real deal. hard to believe he's only 20.

the blades coach must want the honorary title of the Arsen Wenger whiner of the prem award. can't believe he's moaning about a foul when his player should have been red carded on the spiking of Meslier. These days touching a keep is a foul and spiking one is a red card. The as*hole knew what he was doing all the way. I was also stunned at how big the blades were. looked more like a rugby team than a football team.

with that being said I can't believe how much better the officiating is at the prem level vs the championship. almost like a different sport they are so much different.

Cook is really solid. he blocks a lot of shots and really seems to be in the right spot on slowing down developing plays. even more impressive when you consider he's not blessed with a lot of pace or size. He and Meslier seem to have a connection and play off each other well. I suspect that part of why White looked so good was because of Cook.

Roberts is no Hernandez replacement. Rodrigo looked good and Bamford looks like a quality prem striker. even his two misses (headers) he was in the right. he gets back on defense as good as anyone in the prem.

that was a big win. need those points bad if we want top half of table plus it's sweet karma for 2 years ago.

Meslier's save to keep it scoreless was Banks like. I was completely prepared to see the ball in the net. Was astounded and bewildered at first to see that it didn't go in. Only on replay could I see that meslier had made a remarkable save.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)