+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Coventry City Match Thread

Nail hit on the eead theear Pass.

What meks me laugh is that fooak tek it in year after year.

Wivved three masters of this spin put over in a pleasant, sincere style so club apologists lap it up--Mansford, Goat and Dane--all "great guys".

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Kone last season, Kulenovic this season.

Players who were supposed to come here for big money but they fell through for whatever reason. Supposed marquee signings that gave the impression that the club is showing the necessary ambition.

Last season Pinnock was offered a new contract on club record wages, didnt sign, didn't want to be here and was sold.

Brown was offered double his wages to stay despite still having 2 years to run, wasn't interested, didnt want to be here and was sold.

Again, we have to take their word for it. Again it's a case of 'we did everything we could but it wasn't quite enough unfortunately'.

Pattern emerging? Oh yes. Make no mistake about it. Hard luck stories galore.

A tell thi summat, ad rather not know about all these 'nearly' things, its frankly very annoying and meks thi realise that the club is tin pot and doesn't belong in this division. It's simply their way of justifying their policy of selling players year in year art and replacing them with championship novices.

Their efforts to get the fans onside by saying 'we did everything we could but it wasn't enough' is just see through and quite frankly becoming pathetic and embarrassing.

We ain't interested in nearly signings or excuses, i think we should expect reinvestment on a satisfactory scale.

Players inevitably leave, we all accept that but they need to be replaced with some decent quality, not bargain basement buys or nearly excuses.

I don't recall any of their predecessors telling us of how they nearly signed a player. They either got it done or they didnt.
    Correct Pass , pattern emerging indeed .

Who is it that actually runs things here ? , every organisation has a decision maker , the final word , the man that signs things off , who is he ? .

My instinct tells me it's Conway , Spud reports to Conway .

I suspect Chien Lee isn't involved in the day to day operations but receives a weekly update , the monthly figures and possibly gets involved to a certain extent down the phone when any irregularities occur such as the stadium fiasco or a HC leaving etc etc .

The business plan will already have been agreed when they purchased the club and its simply a case of working within it .

It's a fairly typical way that big organisations work who have a number of companies in a variety of different sectors .

Only Spud really shows his face but he's their man and is only in fairly basic terms a communicator of what's decided for him .

They can in essence run things as they wish with a fire ring of protection because there's little organised effort from the support to take them to task other than grumbling on football forums and in the pub .

Certainly there is communication between fans and Spud but they are structured in such a way that individual opinions are received rather than an organised group vehicle and so are pretty ineffective at fans forums .

Group focused organisations are far more effective because by definition they are stronger together behind one banner as opposed to individuals .

The added advantage is that a group fan organisation are far better suited to attracting media attention and highlighting there is a problem at the club .

The disadvantage is that some supporters are totally fine with things , don't want organised support groups to risk making things worse and can turn around and say " you don't speak for me " .

However I suspect a narrowing of the divide amongst supporters especially since the stadium fiasco came to light and if the club does leave the town something will have to be organised or all will be lost for good .

The problem with that is that it will possibly be too late .

Something needs to be done now in my opinion , I'm willing to join and become involved but not the face of such a group , back office so to speak .

Thoughts guys .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 27-09-2020 at 10:08 AM.

It's a fine aspiration Animal but unfortunately the Official and semi official links with fans are the only ones the club will listen to. Supporter Liaison Officers, the Supporters Trust and the owner of BBS, Gally, are unlikely to offer any effective challenge to the "club view". Questions are filtered before being presented at any meetings and bland answers are received with head nodding.
    The club have got this side of PR pretty much stitched up. A large number of fans will believe without question whatever the club put out.
    It's only when things leak such as the ownership dispute, searching for somewhere else to play, coaches sacked/ left etc that there is even limited outcry.
    I know it's defeatist but it's my opinion a separate Supporters Group would have limited success unless it approached an administration/ liquidation situation when eyes would finally open.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's a fine aspiration Animal but unfortunately the Official and semi official links with fans are the only ones the club will listen to. Supporter Liaison Officers, the Supporters Trust and the owner of BBS, Gally, are unlikely to offer any effective challenge to the "club view". Questions are filtered before being presented at any meetings and bland answers are received with head nodding.
    The club have got this side of PR pretty much stitched up. A large number of fans will believe without question whatever the club put out.
    It's only when things leak such as the ownership dispute, searching for somewhere else to play, coaches sacked/ left etc that there is even limited outcry.
    I know it's defeatist but it's my opinion a separate Supporters Group would have limited success unless it approached an administration/ liquidation situation when eyes would finally open.
    I guess the chips will fall where they fall SB in that case .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Kone last season, Kulenovic this season.

Players who were supposed to come here for big money but they fell through for whatever reason. Supposed marquee signings that gave the impression that the club is showing the necessary ambition.

Last season Pinnock was offered a new contract on club record wages, didnt sign, didn't want to be here and was sold.

Brown was offered double his wages to stay despite still having 2 years to run, wasn't interested, didnt want to be here and was sold.

Again, we have to take their word for it. Again it's a case of 'we did everything we could but it wasn't quite enough unfortunately'.

Pattern emerging? Oh yes. Make no mistake about it. Hard luck stories galore.

A tell thi summat, ad rather not know about all these 'nearly' things, its frankly very annoying and meks thi realise that the club is tin pot and doesn't belong in this division. It's simply their way of justifying their policy of selling players year in year art and replacing them with championship novices.

Their efforts to get the fans onside by saying 'we did everything we could but it wasn't enough' is just see through and quite frankly becoming pathetic and embarrassing.

We ain't interested in nearly signings or excuses, i think we should expect reinvestment on a satisfactory scale.

Players inevitably leave, we all accept that but they need to be replaced with some decent quality, not bargain basement buys or nearly excuses.

I don't recall any of their predecessors telling us of how they nearly signed a player. They either got it done or they didnt.
    Sam Morsy?

The window for domestic AND international transfers closes at 11-00pm on Monday 5th October. The window for domestic transfers ONLY extends until 5-00pm on Friday 16th October.
    Err no SB, I meant it's the end of my window this week cos it's got cracked and I'm having it replaced. Soz if this caused any confusion or stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Err no SB, I meant it's the end of my window this week cos it's got cracked and I'm having it replaced. Soz if this caused any confusion or stress.
    I feel your pane.

I feel your pane.
    Ted Molt ul soortim art Acido mite enjoy that feather

Maybe Struber will wait until the end of the week to see if they bring in a striker before he makes his mind up whether to jump ship.
    I know several members of the Supporters Trust who are not happy, including Gally

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Maybe Struber will wait until the end of the week to see if they bring in a striker before he makes his mind up whether to jump ship.
    I know several members of the Supporters Trust who are not happy, including Gally
    Not happy abart which bit ? Struber possibly going ? Struber's plea for Championship experience being ignored ? Or summat else ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast