+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Coventry City Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Ok strubers gone but he only had one style of playing and never came up with a plan B when it wasn't working other teams weighed us up and played to combat it a new coach/manager could be a blessing with his style and hopefully the players will benefit from it but recruitment is definitely a priority
    Dooali, do you think we have the players to play any other way? Plan B etc?

Im not sure we do since Moore left and we dont play with wingers and apart from Odour the fullbacks arent up to the overlapping full back role.

That was the problem Ethel bad recruitment with persistently getting young players with hopefully a sell on profit, like you say the manager can only do with what this suicide way of thinking throws him but even an idiot knows it doesn't work in the championship which obviously these owners couldn't give a sh×t

I'm actually a fan of the model , the model is actually totally fine .

The flaw in the club is the way they manage the model , that's the issue in my opinion .

To be fair they've woken up to the fact that at championship level you need two or three older heads which they've addressed under Struber .

This is exactly the same model as at Brentford and because they manage it far far better than we do they have success with it .

The flaws in the club are the people inside and not the model .

I could stand losing our better players every year if we were signing the likes of Pontus Jansson or any other oven ready championship players for that matter .

Some massively poor people inside this club and where our focus should be in my opinion in calling them out .

Absolutely not fit for purpose , total amateurs and they operate in the shadows for good reason .

Have to agree with Nozzer that Styles, Anderson and Williams played well today and count Walton out cos he didn’t have much to do the rest weren’t worth a w4nk!
    When you see the highlights when Coventry hit the bar watch our captain? He see’s the run early makes a beeline for him and when he arrives doesn’t jump he just lets him head the ball....unbelievable Jeff! And his passing, crossing and general play management is terrible.
    Woodrow, well we know what he’s capable of but for some reason his confidence is shot to pieces? As for Chaplin he needs benching and Schmidt deserves his chance now.

Ok it's our first point and clean sheet etc, and I'm trying not to go over board here because there's little to get over excited about.
    It's not come against a great team has it, we will be playing better teams than Luton & Cov this season at home, and we've failed to score against both of them.
    I still can't see why we've signed Freiser, what can he give us ahead of Schmidt for example. And Chaplin & Woodrow just can't even buy any confidence at the moment, let alone a couple of goals each.
    It's the end of the 'Window' this week, so what are the chances of us pushing the proverbial boat out eh, and looking for a bit of quality who knows this league ?.

Last edited by Acido; 27-09-2020 at 01:57 AM.

Let me ask once again, what have we bought Freiser for ?. His headed chance here was a big one and he didnt even seem to give a toss that hed flopped it again!.
    And Cauley missed a few again and its getting to the point now where he doesnt seem to offer any threat for us at all anymore. And having said that, he probably does still offer more of a threat than Connor Chaplin!.

how do you explain that match i wasn't expecting much but there was nothing it was boring to watch thats £30 ive spent on the 3 games ive seen how do i get refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It's the end of the 'Window' this week l
    The window for domestic AND international transfers closes at 11-00pm on Monday 5th October.

The window for domestic transfers ONLY extends until 5-00pm on Friday 16th October.

In other words we can work 24 hours a day and get a deal over the line for a player from the Estonian League up to 5 Oct but can swoop on a Forest Green player, our No 1 Target all along, up to 16 Oct.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 27-09-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Have to agree with Nozzer that Styles, Anderson and Williams played well today and count Walton out cos he didn’t have much to do the rest weren’t worth a w4nk!
    When you see the highlights when Coventry hit the bar watch our captain? He see’s the run early makes a beeline for him and when he arrives doesn’t jump he just lets him head the ball....unbelievable Jeff! And his passing, crossing and general play management is terrible.
    Woodrow, well we know what he’s capable of but for some reason his confidence is shot to pieces? As for Chaplin he needs benching and Schmidt deserves his chance now.
    Noticed the shocking attempt by Mowatt in the replay whilst match was on.... Pathetic attempt

Kone last season, Kulenovic this season.

Players who were supposed to come here for big money but they fell through for whatever reason. Supposed marquee signings that gave the impression that the club is showing the necessary ambition.

Last season Pinnock was offered a new contract on club record wages, didnt sign, didn't want to be here and was sold.

Brown was offered double his wages to stay despite still having 2 years to run, wasn't interested, didnt want to be here and was sold.

Again, we have to take their word for it. Again it's a case of 'we did everything we could but it wasn't quite enough unfortunately'.

Pattern emerging? Oh yes. Make no mistake about it. Hard luck stories galore.

A tell thi summat, ad rather not know about all these 'nearly' things, its frankly very annoying and meks thi realise that the club is tin pot and doesn't belong in this division. It's simply their way of justifying their policy of selling players year in year art and replacing them with championship novices.

Their efforts to get the fans onside by saying 'we did everything we could but it wasn't enough' is just see through and quite frankly becoming pathetic and embarrassing.

We ain't interested in nearly signings or excuses, i think we should expect reinvestment on a satisfactory scale.

Players inevitably leave, we all accept that but they need to be replaced with some decent quality, not bargain basement buys or nearly excuses.

I don't recall any of their predecessors telling us of how they nearly signed a player. They either got it done or they didnt.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast