+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. York City 26.09.20 [PSF]

The accuracy of the passing and the ball retention is 4kin awful, again.

... you're right Evesham. Look out for long diagonal passes over the full backs ...

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    If I was an opposition manager I'd love Notts to play the diamond. We don't have any attacking threat at all. Lots of sideways and neat passes, but in the wrong part of the pitch,
    I'll repeat what I said the other night. If Neal Ardley's intention this season is to continue playing 4-4-2, be that flat or with a diamond, then he's made the wrong type of signings in the summer. We would need far more robust midfielders to make that work. Even Jake Reeves isn't quite the ball-winning midfielder I thought he might be. The likes of Rodrigues, Sloth and Sam are the type you would slot into a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 at a stretch.

I reckon if we played Fword next week, it would be the first match in history where both teams lost.

There is so much wrong with this I can't even be bothered to write it.

I have never seen so many misplaced passes. We haven't been in their penalty area once. We haven't got a single cross into their area.

People will say it's only a friendly...we aren't match fit...blah blah. But I'm sorry, I expect to see something in our final friendly to gives us some hope or indication that the manager has tweaked things and knows what is needed to win. Instead he has wasted preseason persisting with this atrocious and toothless formation that makes our decent squad look slow and ball achingly predictable.

He hasn't got a clue.

First touch is shocking for professional footballers, preseason or not. Build up play is slow, predictable and allows opponents to sit comfortably in formation with minimal effort waiting for the inevitable mistake when we attempt to actually move forward. We look absolutely clueless in the final third, no quality or creativity. To look this poor a week before the start of the season is criminal, we’re frustratingly slow all over the pitch, teams will love playing us.

Poor game, poor goals, players seem unable to pass or control the ball

Whose to say Neil's Diamond, (pun intended) won't click at some point? Can we wait till it happens?

We're slow, predictable, passing and ball retention is atrocious but apart from that we're doing OK.

I wouldn't have thought that we could be worse than on Tuesday. Nearly 50 years of supporting Notts should have taught me better.

Seriously, if this is the best we can do we are in real deep doodoo.

That was the BEFORE bit. Now be patient and w-h-o-o-s-h wait for the AFTER.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast