+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Elisha Sam needs to go

Sorry but a blindfolded person can tell he can't play football. I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it. Makes Stead look like an Olympic gold medal high jumper.

We let Sam Osborne go for some of this lot....

Until fans are allowed back in, the best thing to do with big Sam is to stick him in the middle of the Kop so he can throw the ball back. Well, if anyone's got a better idea!
    The radar was a bit wonky that day.

"Very interesting"
    "Intriguing"
    "Excellent"
    "Lovely"

Signing.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We let Sam Osborne go for some of this lot....
    No we didn't he chose to go because he wasn't good enough to get into our starting 11.

As for Sam, I was asleep most of the first half but Sam showed some decent touches and linked the play well when I was paying attention. He missed a header that Charlie seemed to think he should have scored, seemed a bit harsh to me as it looked like he headed it at full stretch and couldn't get over it to aim it much. Cal Roberts injury permitting, I doubt we'll see him start next week with Wootton, Enzio and probably Thomas starting

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Fireman Sam was a better footballer.
    Son of Sam loved lurking outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    No we didn't he chose to go because he wasn't good enough to get into our starting 11.

As for Sam, I was asleep most of the first half but Sam showed some decent touches and linked the play well when I was paying attention. He missed a header that Charlie seemed to think he should have scored, seemed a bit harsh to me as it looked like he headed it at full stretch and couldn't get over it to aim it much. Cal Roberts injury permitting, I doubt we'll see him start next week with Wootton, Enzio and probably Thomas starting
    I feel a bit for Sam - he's not played since February and is bound to be rusty. Allied to that, he's moved to a foreign country at an unprecedented time when, you presume, team bonding isn't going to be easy.

Even so, at the moment he looks well short of the standard required even for the Conference. There's a blase nature to his approach that won't endure him to fans or teammates. He's got to look after the ball far better and not be brushed off it. He may also need to learn how to head the ball if that attempt at a header is the best he can do.

We've taken a gamble on three overseas players in Sam, Rodrigues and Sloth. We might be able to afford one of them not working, but we definitely can't afford two or all three if we want to get promoted (not unless we bring in other players on loan, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post

He is awful. But i suppose you like him because i dont.. I think you may be in a minority on this one...

Its simply to early to judge in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He is awful. But i suppose you like him because i dont.. I think you may be in a minority on this one...
    You won't like him because you're desperate for a stick to beat Ardley with and something to complain about, it's what you do, it's what you've always done, I don't expect you to change and I can't imagine anyone else on this site that's been here more than 5 minutes thinks you'll ever change either.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Its simply to early to judge in my opinion.
    Don't be daft, this is Notts County Mad, it's never too early to write someone off based on their performances in glorified training sessions.

This isn't a regular start to a season and people should take that into account, the players that weren't involved in our playoff campaign have gone as long without playing as someone with a really bad injury, possibly the longest layoffs of their careers so far and will more than likely take longer than usual to get to 100%. Luckily other teams will be in a similar boat and thankfully we assembled our squad nice and early to give them the best chance.

To suggest a new player "should go" before he's even kicked a ball against a team in our division might be a new level of ridiculous though even for NCM standards

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast