+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Elisha Sam needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    He was truly woeful in the first half, moving him into part of the front three obviously suited him better...good move by the manager.

Wonderful second goal.....Has anyone ever scored a better goal for Notts? If so, then who and when?!
    Was he playing wide or central in the front three?

That's not a loaded question. I saw the goals but not the whole game, and one of the goals was scored coming in from wide while the other was scored standing in the centre.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Was he playing wide or central in the front three?

That's not a loaded question. I saw the goals but not the whole game, and one of the goals was scored coming in from wide while the other was scored standing in the centre.
    After the break he was moved to the left of a front three instead of the left of a midfield four. I think for his 2nd goal Wootton had come out left...I may be wrong though!

I think in a front three is his best position, in a midfield four, or playing in a three behind the striker, the areas he has to work in are too small. The problem there is he is competing with Wootton, Enzio, Rodrigues, Roberts , Knowles and Effiong for a starting place.

It’s up to him now to make it hard to drop him after todays second half!

That's the case for Fireman Sam, and the likes of Wolfe, Knowles, Miller et al. You can't come in and put in a mixed showing, play pretty well. You need to come in play very well and give a conservative manager with his obvious favourites no choice but to play you again.

It's like in Boxing , everyone knows you don't win overseas on points, you need the KO/TKO.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's the case for Fireman Sam, and the likes of Wolfe, Knowles, Miller et al. You can't come in and put in a mixed showing, play pretty well. You need to come in play very well and give a conservative manager with his obvious favourites no choice but to play you again.

It's like in Boxing , everyone knows you don't win overseas on points, you need the KO/TKO.
    I’ve been critical of Miller so far but thought today he was really good. Decent first touches, moved the ball quick and more importantly carried the ball forward and turned the opposition...a bit like O’Brien can do. Could a midfield three of Reeves and Doyle either side of an advanced Miller be a good option? He certainly isn’t scared of a challenge or two!

There seems to be plenty of options in the squad.

Naming names

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    "Hello darkness, my old friend...."

After today's brace and a goal of season contender for all English leagues not just the Non League it's only right to bring back this beautiful thread.
    I'm also seeing the beauty of this thread.

Tactician - "seen enough", "a blindfolded person can see he can't play football"
    Countygump "Fireman Sam was better" with other beautiful comments from Forward Magpie, Durham Pie, Big Fat Pie, Navy Pie and Johnny T.

The cult that is..

Quote Originally Posted by tactition View Post
    It might give him the kick up the arse he needs. It's bad enough when you run like a giraffe but when you jump like one ....
    And when you post like one as some Trialists appear to do we have no chance, Aye.

It could just been amazingly that sometimes he doesn't play very well but can score good goals. Everything has to be in black and white on here (no pun intended) either he's crap but then when he scores a great goal so people who said he was crap are laughed at when he could have easily got taken off at half time he was that bad in the first half. Maybe everyone is right about him in their own way a little bit. The amount of one-upmanship on here is really sad. Enjoy your Sunday.

ThaiPie is correct there are some absolute pearlers in there, well worth a quick read.

Not sure about this Tactician guy but I'm sure the other names listed can all look back and raise a smile about their comments.

I tell you something I'd love to have been stuck in the middle of the Kop as NavyPie suggested Sam should be, that would have been the best view of this simply incredible goal that's gone viral.
    Such a shame there was no crowd to witness Fireman's Sam's world class finish.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It could just been amazingly that sometimes he doesn't play very well but can score good goals. Everything has to be in black and white on here (no pun intended) either he's crap but then when he scores a great goal so people who said he was crap are laughed at when he could have easily got taken off at half time he was that bad in the first half. Maybe everyone is right about him in their own way a little bit. The amount of one-upmanship on here is really sad. Enjoy your Sunday.
    Nailed it. Absolutely nailed it!

A lot of truth in CFs post, too many extremes as he said not everything is black and white (C'MonnnYouuuu Pieeeessss). This board could do with a lot more balance#babysteps

Moving forward Sam and/Vs Knowles is a very interesting we've seen good and bad from both. Both have talent and positives clearly, both have put in inconsistent perfomances and have weaknesses.

Neither have done enough to be considered "undroppable" as suggested earlier this month albeit that was very much an open question. Nor should either "need to go" which was stated on here back in late September when he had only played limited minutes in friendly matches. To judge a player that early after not playing games since February and in a different country was obvious a joke.

If one plays who gets your vote in upcoming matches?

If Sam, where do you play him? Central as a strike partner for Kyle or out wide in a 3?

A nice problem/puzzle for the manager to have. No doubt he won't have forgotten how bad Sam and the side was in the 1st half as reported by many.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    After the break he was moved to the left of a front three instead of the left of a midfield four. I think for his 2nd goal Wootton had come out left...I may be wrong though!

I think in a front three is his best position, in a midfield four, or playing in a three behind the striker, the areas he has to work in are too small. The problem there is he is competing with Wootton, Enzio, Rodrigues, Roberts , Knowles and Effiong for a starting place.

It’s up to him now to make it hard to drop him after todays second half!
    And that is always going to be the problem.
    Eli seems to be in the mould (talent v delivering) of Enzio in my opinion.

Shows glimpses of natural talent and one great goal in 25 games.

Is that enough to warrant a place in the starting XI every week, I don't think so.

I am very much in the camp that thinks we have needed a natural goal scorer for several seasons now. Kristian Dennis was maybe the closest we got.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast