+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

i'll get my negatives out of the way first.

Drop Crookes - poor performance and more is expected of him. It was like playing with 10 men first half with little or no contribution from him.
    Is he mentally okay to play? Doesn't look the same player as last season at the moment.

Blackman - 6' 7'' and he preforms like a grabbing netball girl. That first half incident where he slapped the ball like a child made me wince. He doesn't command his area. Came out for a ball then back pedalled and left himself stranded, luckily offside was called for and given. Sorry I have no confidence in this guy. Don't care how many games he played for Sheff Utd. Get our OWN first choice keeper in Warney. Let him give us a chance to see why we bought him.

2 points dropped, however, I don't blame Jones for the softest penalty ever given. A mere tangle of legs and nothing else.

Positives -Many! Miller, Ogbene, Wiles and MOTM for me Sean MacDonald, he had a great game breaking their play up through the middle. That slide rule pass to Wiles that created the pen was brilliant. Smith was more of an impact when he came on, he needs to produce that more. Great first half and more than nullified their game plan. Sat back too much first 20 in second half but again took the game to them. I fell very positive about this season and what I've seen so far bears good promise. Barlaser who?

A point gained from a very difficult ground to go to. Well done to the team and Warne and his crew. Onwards and upwards. UTM!

Early days and lots to be optimistic about, but will feel happier when one or two of our forums/mid-fielders have scored from open play.

Mikkel looks promising; back four looked very comfortable, particularly in the first half. The effort to close down and chase was immense.

Is Wendun lurking in the wings trying to summon up the courage to give Warney et al a praise?

I agree s Mcdonald had a good game a tree didn't do much at all.

Agree about the pen, I bet we don’t see another one given softer than that

Not much to add to what's already been said
    We sufercated brums play. We worked hard. Sean Mac my motm.

Watched it on I follow Blackman at least we haven't signed him. All defence did their jobs. Rest of the side apart from Crooks can't fault. S McDonald & Wiles our standout players.

I like the goalkeeper don't forget he has been out with injury and hasn't played much.

He comes for everything on the edge of the area.

He is getting better as the games go on.

There was one shot he could of caught in his stomach but he palmed it away.

But he will come good given game time and settling in more.

Give it 10 games

There's quite a few sour Brummies on twitter with the usual put downs

Here's a club that spend way more than they should on very average players who just avoid the drop far too often in recent years

We should be beating teams like Birmingham ......and nearly did. Feel for PW tonight as that was disappointing to lose two points

Not many comments on GH's full debut. How did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not many comments on GH's full debut. How did he do?
    He was on his own did what you wanted him to do hassle and chase down. Got substituted on 60 mins but that was freshen the legs and change things I'm guessing

You can't judge him on that. Wait till he has a partner

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast