+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So where do we go from here ?

so according to you lot our manager has left. I have not seen officially that this is correct if it is then it is the managers decision to leave if he makes wants to live in new york rather that barnsley then so be it .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    These owners are signing young players and making Money.... They are now doing the same with mangers....
    r
    They are stocking up with "Conway" brand mangers in the Christmas Section in Garden Centres Jules.

They'll make a financial killing in December when foo ak put trimmings up.

A couple of things have probably papered over the cracks , Stendel's promotion and Struber's relegation escape .

These are generally things you can kick on from but we just seem to take one step forward and two back .

What's apparent is the unwillingness to want to reach the next level which would be championship sustainability .

Pretty much boils down to investment , Dykes should be here and so should Whiteman if there was any ambition shown towards our prospects on the field .

A £5m spend is what you'd expect a championship club to make if they had ambitions to progress .

It's more two bob now than it's ever been and there's more money passed through that club these last four years than at any time I can remember including the year in the PL .

The record transfer is still £1.5m set 23 years ago , absorb that fact .

The club's big enough to be sustainable in the Championship and yet ............... ????

RIP what used to be Barnsley FC

Weers Bill ?

so as i see from this forum our owners are not bothered about making money they are only interested in getting young players with no experience in this league and then make them into million pound players, how do they do this, by getting relegated or by being competitive at this level, I understand the frustration of fans I am one of these but if players turn us down then we have wasted a lot of time and we we have go on to another target it is simple but some people cannot understand this

Quote Originally Posted by redsarebest View Post
    so as i see from this forum our owners are not bothered about making money they are only interested in getting young players with no experience in this league and then make them into million pound players, how do they do this, by getting relegated or by being competitive at this level, I understand the frustration of fans I am one of these but if players turn us down then we have wasted a lot of time and we we have go on to another target it is simple but some people cannot understand this
    They haven't a clue about the model they inherited from the late Patrick Cryne .

You get the targets you've identified by paying the fee the selling club are asking , it's that simple really .

When you are offering £1.4m for a £2m asking price you end up making a tyt of yourself each time , two bob all day long .

It's actually pretty embarrassing to see it played out .

nobody with any sense offers the asking price at the first time and every one will only pay the price that they believe the player or anything else is worth. selling clubs will always ask more, that is unless they are Barnsley fc

Quote Originally Posted by redsarebest View Post
    nobody with any sense offers the asking price at the first time and every one will only pay the price that they believe the player or anything else is worth. selling clubs will always ask more, that is unless they are Barnsley fc
    How do you judge what he's worth reds ?

We aren't at the level where we are getting done over for millions of pounds , you are talking in terms of £400 to £500k .

We are at this moment in time looking just to stay in the league and if we don't we lose £7m of tv revenue .

That's how you should be judging this thing .

players are worth what clubs are prepared to pay, I am sure that each club have their own way of valuing a player right or wrong and then there is what each club can pay in wages within the ffp this will always go in favour of the better supported team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast