+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't see Lampard or Pep lasting much longer.

I think Guardiola has been on borrowed time for a while now.
    Why the owners persevere with him is one of life's modern football mysteries. Even more of a mystery than why Billy Jones just didn't block the cross rather than a kamikaze lunge yesterday
    Hasn't realistically come close to winning the champs league with all those assets at his disposal.
    Stealing a wage.

The only thing going for him is that he looks and styles himself on Paul Warne the Rotherham United Manager
    Last edited by flourbasher; 27-09-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Bump for updated title
    Cheeky bugger but thanks CAM.

In both cases the clubs concerned should think on if they sack the manager.

There’s a shortage of suitable replacements

In Man City’s case, finding somebody of equal stature to Pep would be difficult let alone to find somebody better

(Apart from Warniola)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Cheeky bugger but thanks CAM.
    I wasn't referring to your typo, meant with regards adding Pep in there because I couldn't be bothered to start a new thread just for him when it's basically the same argument.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I think Guardiola has been on borrowed time for a while now.
    Why the owners persevere with him is one of life's modern football mysteries. Even more of a mystery than why Billy Jones just didn't block the cross rather than a kamikaze lunge yesterday
    Hasn't realistically come close to winning the champs league with all those assets at his disposal.
    Stealing a wage.

The only thing going for him is that he looks and styles himself on Paul Warne the Rotherham United Manager
    Kamikaze lunge? Must have seen a different match to me. I saw it as seeing the ball out with a minimal amount of contact and their player conning the ref.

Three games in and people writing Pep off???
    Far too early yet for a knee jerk reaction from the City board.
    Last edited by Brin; 27-09-2020 at 11:07 PM.

If I were the owners of City I would have expected him to have won, or come very close to winning, the champs league by now.
    They even overspent and he still didn't do it
    He's been nowhere near winning it with City so it's not just about this season as he's been underachieving for a long time now.
    I suppose it depends where someone's ambitions are but if I'd invested what the City owners have I'd want a lot more than he has delivered

I think we did see a different incident with the Brum pen

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    If I were the owners of City I would have expected him to have won, or come very close to winning, the champs league by now.
    They even overspent and he still didn't do it
    He's been nowhere near winning it with City so it's not just about this season as he's been underachieving for a long time now.
    I suppose it depends where someone's ambitions are but if I'd invested what the City owners have I'd want a lot more than he has delivered

I think we did see a different incident with the Brum pen
    Flour, fair points on your City explanation and yes with the amount he’s spent over the years, you would at least expect a Champion’s League trophy by now.

It must be nice to be able to just pop out & buy,Man City lose 2-5 & now Peps going to buy a C/H for £65mill.He has wanted a left sided C/H for over 2yrs & done nothing.It didn't take Klopp that long to sort out Liverpool & he's not got the money Pep has.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 28-09-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Great performance by Leicester

Let's hope they both last longer than these new VAR handball rules.

Killing the game

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast