+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My take on yesterday

My take on yesterday

Great write up as per usual Paul. Good result and I think we would have taken that before hand. Only concern is that we lost points from a winning position. That was one of the things that cost us last time in the Championship. That said, I think that this squad is much stronger and that once the players get a few more games under their belts they will more than hold their own.
    Last edited by Galley On; 27-09-2020 at 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    Great write up as per usual Paul. Good result and I think we would have taken that before hand. Only concern is that we lost points from a winning position. That was one of the things that cost us last time in the Championship. That said, I think that this squad is much stronger and that once the players get a few more games under their belts they will more than hold their own.

Don’t think theirs was anyway near a penalty !!!! We need to sort full backs and goalkeeper out, Thompson is a better defender than Harding and Olusande, we neeed more pace at left back and the goalkeeping situation will keep coming up. Don’t think we need any more wingers but strikers could be upgraded and obviously we need another quality midfielder !

He wondered whether he should have gambled more.
    "After 70 minutes, do we take a point and ride the storm or do we roll the dice, put a striker on and have a right go?" he asked. "In the end, I went the coward's route thinking a point would do.

This is the bit that concerns me and will be our downfall yet again. In L1 how many late goals did we score and how many did we concede after 70 mins. We went for it and got the winner and we kept the opposition pressed in their half. In the Champ we try and sit back and keep it in the corner when there's still 10 mins to go and don't try and get another goal and secure the win. We go negative, try and keep the points we have, invite pressure and inevitably concede. It was so frustrating to watch. Lets be more positive.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    He wondered whether he should have gambled more.
    "After 70 minutes, do we take a point and ride the storm or do we roll the dice, put a striker on and have a right go?" he asked. "In the end, I went the coward's route thinking a point would do.

This is the bit that concerns me and will be our downfall yet again. In L1 how many late goals did we score and how many did we concede after 70 mins. We went for it and got the winner and we kept the opposition pressed in their half. In the Champ we try and sit back and keep it in the corner when there's still 10 mins to go and don't try and get another goal and secure the win. We go negative, try and keep the points we have, invite pressure and inevitably concede. It was so frustrating to watch. Lets be more positive.
    I would have put Vassel on and gone two up front towards end, yes should’ve took a gamble imo
    Why wasn’t Crooks took off? (Sorry if it says in link, I just skim it until later when I can read it without interruption)

Thanks for the write up paul, always a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Thanks for the write up paul, always a good read.
    We should charge him 20p to post it on here

Great read that Paul, thanks.

Top man,top fan.Thanks Paul.