+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Black nutters mutter

OT: Black nutters mutter

I know that my views are controversial and out of touch with many here on MM but I am sick to death of the rewriting of our history. In today's edition of The Times on page six of the review there is a piece by black writer Floella Benjamin. Under a heading The Film I Walked Out On she writes; "Dunkirk. In this 2017 war film there was, disgracefully, no representation of Caribbean, African and Asian servicemen and women."
    This is so utterly pathetic and outrageous that it's hard to know where to begin. The film portrays the BEF and the RAF and the RN and the small boats flotilla. They were white ffs!!! It's like criticising a film about the battle of Hastings for not showing blacks, Muslims and women in the frigging shield wall. How much longer are you going to let these people dictate the agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I know that my views are controversial and out of touch with many here on MM but I am sick to death of the rewriting of our history. In today's edition of The Times on page six of the review there is a piece by black writer Floella Benjamin. Under a heading The Film I Walked Out On she writes; "Dunkirk. In this 2017 war film there was, disgracefully, no representation of Caribbean, African and Asian servicemen and women."
    This is so utterly pathetic and outrageous that it's hard to know where to begin. The film portrays the BEF and the RAF and the RN and the small boats flotilla. They were white ffs!!! It's like criticising a film about the battle of Hastings for not showing blacks, Muslims and women in the frigging shield wall. How much longer are you going to let these people dictate the agenda?
    I may be wrong, Wendun, but there were Indian regiments rescued from Dunkirk. This from Wiki:

"Yasmin Khan, historian and author of The Raj at War: A People's History of India's Second World War, says she has often wondered why there is very little factual data on their role in the battle, which many say cost Germany the war.
    What is well known, she told me, is that four companies of the Royal Indian Army Service Corps, including a unit of the Bikaner State forces, served in France during the campaign on the Western Front, and some were evacuated from Dunkirk. Among them were three contingents of the Royal Indian Army Service Corps. One contingent was taken prisoner by German forces."

Whether they needed to be represented in the film is another matter.

Wendun you are both right and wrong

You are right when you say your views are controversial and out of touch

You are wrong when you say that the BEF was exclusively white (see CTMiller's post above). In fact, several Indian soldiers were decorated for acts of bravery at Dunkirk. Notable amongst them was Jamadar Mauler Dad Khan who won the Indian Distinguished Service Medal. His citation reads:

"On 24 May 1940 when approaching Dunkerque, Jemadar Maula Dad Khan showed magnificent courage, coolness and decision. When his troop was shelled from the ground and bombed from the air by the enemy he promptly reorganised his men and animals, got them off the road and under cover under extremely difficult conditions. It was due to this initiative and the confidence he inspired that it was possible to extricate his troop without loss in men or animals."

There are even.......horror of horrors.......Muslim names of those who died fighting for the Allies in WW1 on the Menin Gate

bloody blacks and foreign types ruin everything for the true Anglo Saxon

How much longer are you going to let these people dictate the agenda?
    I love this post on so many levels.

I can imagine the steam coming out of your ears.

But, I love how a little read opinion piece behind a paywall in the times in your mind is "dictating the agenda".

You live in a sleepy village, but on a different planet.

I am thankful to everyone who fought on our side in the world wars whether they were white, black, Indian, Muslim, Catholic.

My Great Grandfather fought in WW1 and was in the home guard for WW2.

My Great Grandmas brother (Ernest) was killed aged 18 in WW1.

How much longer are we gonna allow you to talk complete unsubstantiated bollax on here. Now that is a good question...

Roly you're allowed to talk *******s so why shouldn't anyone else 😊

Floella Benjamin is a kids TV presenter from the 70s and 80s.

And there were black French colonial soldiers in Dunkirk (2017).

Glad you agree Monty talks bollax at least Mr stoves

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast