+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Johnstone

Even if Button is brought into the starting line up, don’t expect him to ‘do a Foster’, because Foster he ain’t! Button may prove to be better than Johnstone but then again, he may not. If you want a goalkeeper of Premier League standard, then you have to go out and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Not a bad summary but we can't afford to make do! What about Button - he looked far more composed?
    I didn't see the Brentford game, so I've only seen him against Harrogate. Not seen enough of him to say whether he is better, worse or the same as Johnstone.

Unless Johnstone drops an absolute doozy, I can't see Button coming in for him to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I didn't see the Brentford game, so I've only seen him against Harrogate. Not seen enough of him to say whether he is better, worse or the same as Johnstone.

Unless Johnstone drops an absolute doozy, I can't see Button coming in for him to be honest.

You are bang on there 123. It also may answer the same question - do you think Bilic will have the balls to start Gallagher or the incoming Krov over Sawyers especially or Livermore? I don’t! If not - here may lie part of the problem!

I don’t think Bilic would have an issue dropping anyone to be honest. Opinion on here has suggested that he is a bit of a softie, or likes his favourites. Well actually I believe he is a very rational thinker and not a reactionary. Those who remember him as a player will know he took no prisoners and gives his all and expects those around to have the same passion and commitment and produce the goods. If they don’t they will get the hook, expect a few out by the weekend.

My main concern is that his dedication is not matched by those above him. Today he has for at least the second time publically spoken that he needs to be supported financially. If our owners think they can deceive him any more they are wrong HE WILL WALK.

I’ve always been a massive critic of Johnson, and stated before that along with Jones was equally responsible for our failure to achieve promotion the first time round.
    BUT I thought he was OK on Saturday, no howlers but I think I would rate him as the lowest ranking keeper in the division.
    Shows how far we have sunk when all we can afford is a backup keeper to a very average first choice keeper from one of our relegation rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    I’ve always been a massive critic of Johnson, and stated before that along with Jones was equally responsible for our failure to achieve promotion the first time round.
    BUT I thought he was OK on Saturday, no howlers but I think I would rate him as the lowest ranking keeper in the division.
    Shows how far we have sunk when all we can afford is a backup keeper to a very average first choice keeper from one of our relegation rivals.

Not often I agree with 123 ( especially politics ) but he knows his football. The summary he made of Johnstone on Saturday was bang on -
    "A top Keeper would have saved their 1st goal, and probably their 3rd too"

Ben Foster would have been in a better position for the first and he most likely would have parried the third around the post! Foster was/is a top keeper and this is the difference. No defender would have bags of confidence with Johnstone behind them. Remember a certain Peter Schmeichel - he was beast and those that played in front of him had that trust ! Kasper the son who plays for Leicester too is of the same mold - top class!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)