+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: As the game is going on

I watched Dunne very attentively yesterday, he was excellent and unlucky with the Ings deflection. If you are good enough you are old enough![/QUOTE]

I haven’t seen the goal again BT, but my view of it at the time was that Dunne lost Adams, and was too late to block Ings.
    Dunne has impressed me, but he is not good enough quite yet IMO. A better partner, more time on the field and under Dyche I think he will do.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    I watched Dunne very attentively yesterday, he was excellent and unlucky with the Ings deflection. If you are good enough you are old enough!
    I haven’t seen the goal again BT, but my view of it at the time was that Dunne lost Adams, and was too late to block Ings.
    Dunne has impressed me, but he is not good enough quite yet IMO. A better partner, more time on the field and under Dyche I think he will do.[/QUOTE]

That’s right Will

Hard to criticise the lad tbh as he’s in along side a centre back who doesn’t play , isn’t a leader and generally wouldn’t make the team , with Mee or Tarky he’d be better and learn more , but he did lose Adams and couldn’t stop ing s fluffed shot either.

I like Dyche but our footballs rubbish I’m still interested what he could do with better players at his disposal.

I did not sree the game I could not find a stream on the internet at that time.
    I could only see the highlights! (on U tube.)

For me the problem of their goal was a matter of ''who is taking command at the center of our defense? If it is Long ,then not only is he a defender but he has in that position to take full command of defence. In general it is 'Tarkowski' but he is out ,and could be out,for a lot more time? Long is relatively new to the defense,its like a new player then telling the others what to do in defence ? But in that position it must be! He must be given that task and all must know it !!

When a South'pton player, came with the ball attacking our defence, from the right wing. Long ,Dunne, Westwood,Taylor Stevens all were watching that player with the ball, yes, keep your eye on the ball at all times,but KNOW who you are marking/covering also. (At this point nobody knew what ,how ,who to mark or cover!) It was not the total the skill of Ings or Adams, just our players not really knowing what will/was about to happen?

Then the fun started when Adams started to move forward a little to the right towards our goal. At this point Dunne was 2 yds from Adams.(Westwood was 3 m from Ings) Adams looses Dunne who is still watching the player with the ball.
    Dunne is not covering Adams or watching him move.
    (Again at this point Westwood should have been told to cover Ings. Dunn to take Adams !) That would have left Long in the center of defence ,covering all that area, just in case if any other attackers were coming in goal hunting.( Djenepo was also around!)
    Adams then moves into attacking mode, which leaves no option but for Long to go and 'take him'. Foolishly Dunne chases after the ball and Adams,which leaves Ings wide open For me all this play is because of players not knowing what to do!! Who to cover /mark etc,they are playing in the dark !

There is confusion in our defence. Solve that and then await our results.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)