+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Striker?

Striker?

Canvassing opinion, I now don’t think we desperately need a new striker, in the last 2 games we have proved that we can score, our attacking midfield is as good as any of the opponents played if not better, but we are in desperate need of cover at the back and some help for Livermore, perhaps Gallagher will provide this, we also need a keeper with a presence. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Canvassing opinion, I now don’t think we desperately need a new striker, in the last 2 games we have proved that we can score, our attacking midfield is as good as any of the opponents played if not better, but we are in desperate need of cover at the back and some help for Livermore, perhaps Gallagher will provide this, we also need a keeper with a presence. What do you guys think?

What a strange post!! Of course we need a striker as it’s glaringly obvious but yes there are other areas where we could be strengthened. The keeper position is one where Johnstone should be dropped and Button given a chance!

Robinson got two lucky breaks today but he’s not a natural striker

We do need a new striker for sure ...... but credit to Robinson..... two quality finishes today..... with him, Diangana and Pereira upfront we have pace and creativity...... but we still need a striker..... as after Robinson we only have HRK.... as Austin and Zohore are on way out.....

I am starting to worry about our keeper too.....

Those finishes will give Robinson confidence he’s capable at this level and well done to the lad.

The deal with Sheffield getting rid of Burke is one of our best in a long time.

I’m not against a Deeney type signing because at times we need someone to hold the ball up and relieve the defence.

If we had Foster,G Mac,Olsson and Dawson at their best and a Mulumbu this team would be top half of the table.

Yes, Robinson took both goals well and doesn't look out of place at this level. However, we still need a top striker to go with him and HRK and has already been said, get rid of Austin and Zohore. Having said all this, we have scored five goals in three games but let in eleven, so where does the biggest problem lie? To my mind we have to bring Hegazi back as he performed well in the Premier League last time around and also replace Johnstone.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    What a strange post!! Of course we need a striker as i t’s glaringly obvious but yes there are other areas where we could be strengthened. The keeper position is one where Johnstone should be dropped and Button given a chance!

Robinson got two lucky breaks today but he’s not a natural striker
    Al, I agree any club would want to improve striking options, but given what I have seen so far priority has to be the defence. I’d we continue to ship +3 goals a game well I don’t need to say anything else..

We still need a goalie ,centre back , left back, defensive midfielder , right winger and 2 centre forwards

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    We still need a goalie ,centre back , left back, defensive midfielder , right winger and 2 centre forwards
    Well, looks like we are buggered then!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Al, I agree any club would want to improve striking options, but given what I have seen so far priority has to be the defence. I’d we continue to ship +3 goals a game well I don’t need to say anything else..

Yes agree on the defense but Johnstone has lost us points far too many times to remember - he really is s hite! How could you compare him with Ben Foster? Bit like comparing Barcelona against Solihull Moors!

Robinson took both goals well but he's not a striker and in more games than not including the championship - he's done nothing! Well played to him yesterday though for the goals and he's far better than Kanu who really is s hite and constantly giving the ball away.

The key to any team is the engine room ( midfield ) and if Bilic does not drop Sawyers for Gallagher then sorry - I will have to question Bilic! Don't know why Phillips is involved too as clearly clearly out of his depth but another one Bilic seems to like!

Really thought Ivanovic should have been on the bench as he would have steadied the ship and bringing on an inexperienced Field - well we were asking for it!

I am very happy we swapped Robinson for Burke but I am watching Burke play against Leeds and also saw his last game and he looks like a half decent footballer! Very strange!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)