+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think we are being misled by politicians. We don't have a National Health Service, we have a system delivered by local health boards who just can't cope with a national pandemic and who compete with each other for resources like PPE. The ministers for health are the mouthpieces for the politicians who see their job as being to make their party appear as though they are in control. No left or right or independence bias from me, they have ALL let us down, and I think they are set to carry on with the same media messaging.

Only person who actually seems to understand and believe what he says is Jason Leitch and he is only looking at things from a medical point of view. When you factor in the economics you can't carry on the way we are being told to behave, IMO.
    I completely agree.

Party politics within a capitalist, democratic framework and operating alongside an unchecked media ensures that politicians will always be compromised at times like this. They could never take a difficult decision that goes against a prevailing orthodoxy as it'd lose them electoral support which would ultimately lose them power as a party. This will, in turn, harm the individual politician/leader's job/money/status prospects.

It's the same with other issues too. Politicians simply cannot say what they think.. but it shouldn't really be like that.

Sad thing is, I can't think of a better system.

Thought Hitchens was worth reading. Interesting how he was standing up for Parliament and wanting the emergency regulations to be stopped to allow Parliamentary oversight. Would have liked a comparison with how other democracies have coped with the need for prompt action rather than debates.

Thought Hitchens was worth reading. Interesting how he was standing up for Parliament and wanting the emergency regulations to be stopped to allow Parliamentary oversight. Would have liked a comparison with how other democracies have coped with the need for prompt action rather than debates.
    He's called it every single step.

As he said today "if the people don't get angry now, then when"

His 20 min spot on the Mike Graham show on talk radio is really unmissable.

He was on about Hancock saying "we have lost control of the virus".....as he pointed out Govts will never have a virus under control it's like trying to stick the leaves back on the trees in Autumn.

As i say every single step since mid Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    He's called it every single step.

As he said today "if the people don't get angry now, then when"

His 20 min spot on the Mike Graham show on talk radio is really unmissable.

He was on about Hancock saying "we have lost control of the virus".....as he pointed out Govts will never have a virus under control it's like trying to stick the leaves back on the trees in Autumn.

As i say every single step since mid Feb.
    'Lost control' is politician speak for 'failed to manage'.

Actually beginning to think the covid crisis is a convenient cover to keep Brexit off the front pages. Probably too cynical but there is something not happening with Brexit that I would have expected by now.

Actually beginning to think the covid crisis is a convenient cover to keep Brexit off the front pages. Probably too cynical but there is something not happening with Brexit that I would have expected by now.
    Cover???

This is life for the forseeable future Bcram, possibly forever.

There will always be something else, another reason, another strain, another virus, another overwhelming of an organisation, another 3 weeks to flatten the curve 🤣.....once they got away with that and the people banged pots and pans for the tik tok dancers they knew anything was possible.

Most sickening part for me is how willingly people have accepted their freedom being taken.

Freedom of speech very much next on the agenda.

Assets and property after that?

As Peter says, have an angry xmas

...with anyone you ****ing want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Cover???

This is life for the forseeable future Bcram, possibly forever.

There will always be something else, another reason, another strain, another virus, another overwhelming of an organisation, another 3 weeks to flatten the curve ��.....once they got away with that and the people banged pots and pans for the tik tok dancers they knew anything was possible.

Most sickening part for me is how willingly people have accepted their freedom being taken.

Freedom of speech very much next on the agenda.

Assets and property after that?

As Peter says, have an angry xmas

...with anyone you ****ing want to.
    No. Really think that Brexit would be a far more divisive argument and play into the Remainer side. Wouldn't surprise me if just like the Cuban missile crisis in the 1960's Barnier had a mole in the British negotiating team like Kennedy had one in the Khrushchev team. Kennedy knew Khrushchev was bluffing. I hope Boris isn't.

No. Really think that Brexit would be a far more divisive argument and play into the Remainer side. Wouldn't surprise me if just like the Cuban missile crisis in the 1960's Barnier had a mole in the British negotiating team like Kennedy had one in the Khrushchev team. Kennedy knew Khrushchev was bluffing. I hope Boris isn't.
    Maybe but can't say I agree, taking a break for a bit, have a nice time over the festivities and to Deeranged as well when he looks in.

And hopefully Islay is fine not heard from him for a while

Be back for the start of the relegation fight in Jan.

Derry Xmas.

Derry Christmas, excellent festive greeting! Saw Islay at the Dee4Life irtual agm. He was in good form.

Relying on Boris Johnson, who couldn't be arsed getting out of bed to chair an emergency cobra meeting yesterday morning. Bit of an obvious flaw there.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)