+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Hitchens

Needing to get some clarity on the covid cases found and why the R number was changed to 20 deaths per 100000 as the critical guideline for travel rules etc. Also if washing your hands and self isolating for covid works how do the scientists think these actions will affect flu? Could be much lower than normal flu cases, and it won't be because of a major increase in vaccinations because the volumes ordered for this winter were placed before covid outbreak, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Needing to get some clarity on the covid cases found and why the R number was changed to 20 deaths per 100000 as the critical guideline for travel rules etc. Also if washing your hands and self isolating for covid works how do the scientists think these actions will affect flu? Could be much lower than normal flu cases, and it won't be because of a major increase in vaccinations because the volumes ordered for this winter were placed before covid outbreak, I believe.
    Both Govts have to stop this.....I wouldn't be surprised if charges are brought in the future if this goes on much longer.

Avoidable cancer and heart disease deaths will go through the roof according to the Lancet all to protect unavoidable (in the majority of cases) covid deaths.

There was an article in the Sunday Times which reported that the number of flu cases in New Zealand during their current winter period has been very low which one GP reporting that he has not seen a patient with the flu since last June.
    In fact the number of flu cases has been so low that the scientists in New Zealand are very concerned that they will not be able to produce a vaccine for the 2021 flu season in New Zealand.
    Scientists try each year to guess which strain the flu virus will be next year and to produce a vaccine combat it.
    Sadly this does not always work as during the 2017-18 winter flu season in the U.K. the scientists picked the wrong strain of virus to defeat which resulted in the flu vaccine for that period being no use.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    There was an article in the Sunday Times which reported that the number of flu cases in New Zealand during their current winter period has been very low which one GP reporting that he has not seen a patient with the flu since last June.
    In fact the number of flu cases has been so low that the scientists in New Zealand are very concerned that they will not be able to produce a vaccine for the 2021 flu season in New Zealand.
    Scientists try each year to guess which strain the flu virus will be next year and to produce a vaccine combat it.
    Sadly this does not always work as during the 2017-18 winter flu season in the U.K. the scientists picked the wrong strain of virus to defeat which resulted in the flu vaccine for that period being no use.
    Wrong scientists....

What's the chances😁

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    So maybe the wash hands, wear a face covering and stay at home if you think you are ill is all that we need?

So maybe the wash hands, wear a face covering and stay at home if you think you are ill is all that we need?
    That is people using their own commonsense. However the word commonsense is not part of the vocabulary of our politicians who prefer to control and spoon feed the UK residents.

Why would you wear a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why would you wear a mask?
    To help protect other people from some illnesses transmitted through your nose and mouth under certain circumstances.

For many years people in Asia have been doing this, not to stop themselves getting ill but to not pass their own illnesses to others.

It’s not that much of a request and while I’m not a fan of wearing a face covering, except if in a bank or post office robbing spree, I can’t see the harm in something that might help someone else. For me I tend to not bother going to places where it’s a requirement, though I don’t feel put upon it I need to put one on to pop into a shop or something.

If your objection is on the freedom of choice/civil liberties front there are many more impinging things going on today to worry about than helping to avoid making other people unwell.
    Last edited by hmac; 03-10-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    To help protect other people from some illnesses transmitted through your nose and mouth under certain circumstances.

For many years people in Asia have been doing this, not to stop themselves getting ill but to not pass their own illnesses to others.

It’s not that much of a request and while I’m not a fan of wearing a face covering, except if in a bank or post office robbing spree, I can’t see the harm in something that might help someone else. For me I tend to not bother going to places where it’s a requirement, though I don’t feel put upon it I need to put one on to pop into a shop or something.

If your objection is on the freedom of choice/civil liberties front there are many more impinging things going on today to worry about than helping to avoid making other people unwell.
    I don’t fear catching anything that will affect me from anybody whilst going about my general business. No need for anyone to wear a mask in my vicinity.

If people fear catching something that might harm them, don’t go out.

We’ve been doing it for decades.

Coronavirus is a very bad flu.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post

A mask dosent stop a microscopic virus.

If it did the Asians wouldn't get flu, they do, they die.....as we do here.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)