+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Hitchens

These ‘one size fits all’ face masks are no use.
    Last Thursday I was speaking to a lady who was wearing a mask and there was a gap at both sides of her mask for the germs to spread.
    Despite what some people have posted the mandatory wearing of face masks is not stopping the Covid-19 virus as the number of positive cases is steadily increasing.
    In my opinion when people enter a shop or travel on public transport they should have their temperature taken and if it is above 38.4C they should be told to immediately get a Covid-19 test.
    That would help stop the spread of the virus. That irresponsible SNP MP Margaret Ferrier who would have been refused travel from Glasgow to London as her temperature would have been above the permitted level.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Last Thursday I was speaking to a lady who was wearing a mask and there was a gap at both sides of her mask for the germs to spread.
    Despite what some people have posted the mandatory wearing of face masks is not stopping the Covid-19 virus as the number of positive cases is steadily increasing.
    In my opinion when people enter a shop or travel on public transport they should have their temperature taken and if it is above 38.4C they should be told to immediately get a Covid-19 test.
    That would help stop the spread of the virus. That irresponsible SNP MP Margaret Ferrier who would have been refused travel from Glasgow to London as her temperature would have been above the permitted level.
    Problem there Islay is that a high temperature is one of a few symptoms of Covid-19, other include cough and loss of taste / smell but everyone doesn't necessarily run a temperature. I've said previously that I believe I might have had it early on as both myself and my wife lost our sense of taste (yeah OK troll boy, she obviously never had one) but neither of us had a high temperature or any other symptoms.

Face coverings are completely useless against any microscopic virus, that's all face masks not just the novelty branded ones.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Droplets they are worried about measure between 80 and 100microns.....ave human hair is 60 microns, so if a human hair can get through or out the side of your covering....it does pretty much nae guid.

I've seen people walking about with snoods and football scarves as well as they paper thin masks.....pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Droplets they are worried about measure between 80 and 100microns.....ave human hair is 60 microns, so if a human hair can get through or out the side of your covering....it does pretty much nae guid.

I've seen people walking about with snoods and football scarves as well as they paper thin masks.....pointless
    I wear a buff when I have to, every bit as pointless as a surgical mask but at least it's a bit more stylish.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    h you only have to cast your mind to all those brainless fkkkers stock piling bog roll and pasta and anything else they could,selfish fkkkrs,really opened my eyes to the im alright jack brigade
    All you need is one halfwit to film people stockpiling toilet rolls, paper towels, pasta flour etc and get the BBC to show it on their news programme resulting in panic buying taking over.
    The simple solution is to restrict the number of staple items people are allowed to purchase per shopping trip.

Best article today. Reminds me of the Brewsters Millions film. Vote for none of the names below. Wonder if you could register a political party on those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Best article today. Reminds me of the Brewsters Millions film. Vote for none of the names below. Wonder if you could register a political party on those lines?
    Scottish family party has a healthy disdain for all things political.......justice Secretary got a tad upset at the stunt they pulled yesterday as did Swinney the week before.

Had a look at their website. Sounds sensible. Better than voting Green as a protest vote. Didn't find a statement on their position on independence.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Had a look at their website. Sounds sensible. Better than voting Green as a protest vote. Didn't find a statement on their position on independence.
    Neutral I think.

I doubt you will get a chance to vote for them.

Don't think they will contest every seat.

A few decent and some quite funny videos on you tube......would love to see Richard Lucas in Hollyrood......just for a different voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Neutral I think.

I doubt you will get a chance to vote for them.

Don't think they will contest every seat.

A few decent and some quite funny videos on you tube......would love to see Richard Lucas in Hollyrood......just for a different voice.
    Patrick Harvey gets in for the Greens. How many votes across the whole of Scotland do you need to get elected? May be the cult of the individual/non allied candidate (can't say independent) will be the difference in the next Scottish election.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)