+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fao 72

Seventwo and Despair - I've just been telling my wife about your travels-exchanges.
    We're both feeling envious.
    We try to do a walking-holiday somewhere outside NZ every year.
    For 2020, we'd decided to do something completely different, and we'd booked a Ramblers' holiday in Sri Lanka. In fact, I think it was due to begin in late October.
    All cancelled now of course.
    My grand-daughter had to change all her plans too. She had been offered a job in Antibes, but she's also confined to home for the time being.
    Hearing talk of Italy, the Alps, and so on has made us very nostalgic.
    Don't get me wrong - 90% of the time we're very happy to be down here, but it does feel remote at the moment.
    We actually have plans to come to the UK next summer, but it's a question of wait-and-see for now. My wife's brother had a triple bypass in Papworth recently, and she's very keen to see him. (I have warned him that supporting Northampton is bad for your heart!)
    If we do make it, I'm sure we'll build in an Italian walking-holiday too.
    Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the travelogue!

Sri Lanka will be fantastic, especially for nature. I've been to the north and south of India, loved it.

Damn predictive, the place of Champs parents was near Pescara , and for you Moselle not Model😂
    So you journey’d my route thro Garmisch / Mittenwald maybe?
    Piemonte is a state I know well, having worked there. Many happy miles cycled in the Barolo wine region (as is the other two major lakes - which I’m sure you know). Left a lasting legacy of my pref being Italian wine . Prob fave Nebbiolo.
    On the assumption you’ve not done before, If you call in at the Marchese place in/near Barolo you can freely wine taste at your leisure (or could) . Bit of a prob tho if your in car, or on bike.

👋 Aucks. Welcome on board.
    Thought I should maybe detach from the match thread as don’t want to upset anyone by going full ‘off topic’.
    As you know by and large Italia is poss my fave place - I just love the atmos of the place and the history. I also enjoy the excitability of their demeanour.
    Not done as much global travel as you two, but I have no real hankering to to be honest.
    I’m happy to spend all my life being up some mountain somewhere.🤗
    Even now in these restrictive times when my wife is doing shifts up at Kendal Hosp.,I am driving up to Troutbeck to trot up onto around multi circuiting Wansfell . And couldn’t be happier. 🙂
    Until that is 72 is telling over his time down there and nostalgia kicks in fairly heftily.🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    �� Aucks. Welcome on board.
    Thought I should maybe detach from the match thread as don’t want to upset anyone by going full ‘off topic’.
    As you know by and large Italia is poss my fave place - I just love the atmos of the place and the history. I also enjoy the excitability of their demeanour.
    Not done as much global travel as you two, but I have no real hankering to to be honest.
    I’m happy to spend all my life being up some mountain somewhere.��
    Even now in these restrictive times when my wife is doing shifts up at Kendal Hosp.,I am driving up to Troutbeck to trot up onto around multi circuiting Wansfell . And couldn’t be happier. ��
    Until that is 72 is telling over his time down there and nostalgia kicks in fairly heftily.��
    Oddly, one of the things we miss is the gentle stuff. Indeed, I often think of Robin in the Cotswolds, because I grew up in Gloucester.
    The scenery down here is stunning and dramatic, but I get a bit nostalgic for rolling hills and hedgerows.
    On the Italy side, we do go to Italian restaurants a lot - but it's not quite the same!

Gentle rolly stuff eh 🙂.
    Well 72 is in for a real treat when he visits Tuscany for the first time.
    It’s vista is absolutely blissful.
    When looking for somewhere Tuscany really pulled, but despite it all Alps always pulled stronger . Trentino is a cracking ‘compromise’, but like Tuscany just a tad 😳 over expensive and Trentino in fact is also restrictive.

I've been to Piemonte before, had a full on week tasting from 0830 to near midnight
    I used to import wine, only from France, and have a keen interest. My trips are usually centered on wine regions.
    On a beach resort for 4 nights so Wendy can rest her ankle, had a fall on Sunday.
    I'll be staying in the shade with a glass of something 😅
    Sangiovese is probably my favourite red grape and Mosel Riesling for white.

This is great fun this 😉
    I was going to say I chuckled wen reading one crit that said : Venice? Far too bridges to negotiate. But now you inform me of a fall I hope this was not yourselves negotiating one 😐
    As for wine I am going to assume you’re going to call at the Brunello de Montalchino locale.
    I have to admit having waited for quite a while to partake and visiting there was seeming to be the moment, I wasn’t all that sure it was a bit too much full bodied for me.
    But then again, I’m no connoisseur 🤔

The fall was in Bardolino, a slippery polished metal slat
    Yes! Brunello is great Sangiovese.
    I've never met anyone who claims to be a connoisseur, we refer to ourselves as winos

Winos’ ?😂
    I’m non too sure I would be too comfortable with that label as it conjures up a grubby sort slouched in a underpass🤪
    A descriptive as a wine enthusiast I am more comfortable with 🤗.
    That maybe makes me a bit of a upper crust Blackburner though 🤔🧐 and I’m far from that 😂

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)