+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fao 72

Splashing out eh😉
    Drain? I reckon so, even I don’t go that low 😂
    Again going back some way done many a stay in a valley (Val Imagna) up above Milan Bergamo a’port , right at very top terminus where it goes no further, and on one trip we had to use the ‘local shop’ (you know the type up in mountains) that stocked v v little produce. Choice of a wine was beyond dire but we were desperate for some as no where else open. I may have paid about 1.50 euro possibly.
    I have never before that I can recall poured wine down a plug hole not even considered cooking with it . 🤮
    Last edited by Despair; 01-10-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Long ago, before I was "into" wine, my mate and I would have a long weekend in France and raid the local supermarket for each wine under two quid.
    He was horrified when I opened about 16 bottles at once. We tasted them all, drank what we liked and poured the rest down the loo. Next day back to the supermarket to stock up on decent but cheap plink.

The Baron Lopestre Nero d'Avola 2019 is surprisingly good. A real find at 1.9 euro and I'd happily buy eight or nine quid for it.
    Who'd have thunk

I’ve been lucky to drop onto a few cheapies that were surprisingly good myself whilst working down there.

You still on the Lido d J ?

Yes, here until Sunday then off 200 miles further south to Ascoli Piceno

As always, a change of plan.
    We'll head to Assisi tomorrow then on to Ascoli Piceno on Monday or Tuesday.

I really hope you enjoy Assisi, given it’s a bit of a swerve off your coastal route and then going around Mont Sibillini to get back over to coastal . I think that would take you through Aquila or very near to. Not been there as it had been ‘hit’ again when we were down that way. I’m assuming pretty much rebuilt now.

Enjoyed our walk round Assisi today, it's some hike!!
    Tomorrow we plan a quick look at Perugia then visit a wine producer in Montefalco then on to Ascoli Piceno.

I’ve kept my fingers crossed that you are pleased you made the swerve to Assisi.
    It always makes me wonder just who put up the mortgage for these places to be built 😳😂. In many ways it’s very modern looking externally but the deeper internally takes you way back .
    Enjoy the vino .

Cheers Despair.
    The 100 mile drive in from the coast was nearly all bridges and tunnels.
    The cost must have been enormous, something we would never do.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)