+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fao 72

Another spectacular drive down to Ascoli Piceno frustrated by third world tarmac, roadworks and 50kph speed limits.
    Still going south but need to avoid the Giro now.
    Any suggestions for a stop a little North of Foggia?
    Thanks 👍

Oh dear sorry about that if that’s my diversion that’s caused it😐.
    Third world tarmac 🙄, I’ve encountered loads of it in Northern Piemonte when seeking out mountain ‘shacks’. Corsica is/ or was a bit ‘ropey’ too.
    However, you are in ‘rumble’ territory.
    Poss stops in that area are not familiar to me although I could have a gander at my many travelogue books for advice. Are you not using one ? Or maybe it’s a gung ho trip🤞
    A Champs advisory ?

Because I can spend endless hours looking at maps very happily, I’m reacquainting myself with that general region and now can see Ascoli is not such a simple place to get to. Using toll or SS roads you can only get at coming from West or East others are the damn (when your in a hurry) SP roads and down there as you have said they can be a bit of a bitch. Have you gone back over top end of Sibillini to coastal to take west route in?
    Or initially gone South to take west route that appears to go through a col or pass of sorts, maybe tunnelled?
    Not yet located your Foggia or alternate spelt Foggi yet , bein Italia there’s tons of them 🤪

Hang on, I’ve just found it 👍. A major town (or city for south) on a very large level plain far far East of Napoli. No wonder I couldn’t locate it, it’s way way down south from Ascoli😂
    Simple reply then - I have no idea on possibilities as I’ve never ventured there (it’s ‘on the flat’ &#128521.

72 , I’ve just researched that place it seems it has heavy mafioso influence🙄. I am guessing you’re gona see plenty of signs to stay alert (not of the current scourge of Covid tho.). It reports very heavy widespread crime.
    But that’s the South for you. Worked with a guy when I was working out there and he was from Napoli, up North by then maybe to stay safe. Came across smatterings of it in Turin.
    Hope your locks are good.

Had a really good and surprisingly cheap night out.
    Now then Despair, don't let me down for the next stop. Two other mates have come up with nowt. Ascoli Piceno is a great place, plenty of Renaissance architecture, some of it nearly as old as me.
    If I could bring some of my old mates back we'd fancy a go at the mafioso but not at my age!

Today's route sorted and very scenic.
    From Ascoli Piceno to Teramo, L'Aquila, Rocca Di Mezzo, Celano and Sulmona.

Thats the general area we navigated about in whilst doing and investigating Gran Sasso .😉 you may come across a place (can’t recall name) where you can go on wild boar and wolf treks.
    Sulmona sits under the Majella , that’s the bottom of the spine of the Appenine. So no further south for us😉.
    Last edited by Despair; 07-10-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Sorry Despair, today didn't go as planned. Extract from my FB page &
    It's been a strange day ........
    It all started well enough with another two cappuccino and croissant breakfasts for less than a fiver.
    Then the showers turned into a downpour.
    Then Wendy lost her mobile.
    Followed by the police giving her a *******ing. At least there was no machine gun involved this time as there was in Manchester. It was also better than the time before in Spain when nudity was involved.
    Speaking of nudity, Wendy's mobile map took us to a campsite for naturists. Under normal circumstances that might have been ok but it's brass monkey weather init!
    We've finally arrived at a lovely little beach resort. All's well and that .....

Oh dear, sounds like a ‘carry on’ script.
    And you’ve yet to deal with the mafioso🙄

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)