+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season to start Saturday

Season to start Saturday

The National League has updated clubs:

They aim to start that season next weekend.

They await confirmation of financial support from the Government in order to do so.

Finances will be based on lost net gate revenue & provided monthly for the period that games are without fans.

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/st...64673940738048

Soooo, we're still not sure?

''They await confirmation of financial support from the Government in order to do so''.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    The National League has updated clubs:

They aim to start that season next weekend.

They await confirmation of financial support from the Government in order to do so.

Finances will be based on lost net gate revenue & provided monthly for the period that games are without fans.

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/st...64673940738048
    We knew that last week...

I cant see the government letting the news dribble out via the NL. Probably dress that wet fish Oliver Dowden up in a suit of armour, riding a white charger throwing crisp £20s into the air. Proclaiming how he has saved lower league football. Any road, lets just get this effin season underway.

From what Dowden has said it doesn't look good he is pretty much saying the premier league should bail everyone out.

I think EPL will help clubs but this decision has been made by HIS govt and they seem to be washing their hands of it.

By looks of it no cases of Covid have happened at any pilot games so you have to think why cant non league clubs continue to have 600-1000 fans at grounds ?

We have less than a week to go and we still dont know if we are playing next week conplete shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    From what Dowden has said it doesn't look good he is pretty much saying the premier league should bail everyone out.
    If anybody should, the Premier League should.

If I didn't care about football I'd find it outrageous that the tax payer should be expected to bail the game out, when some players are earning millions and players lower down are earning far more than the average wage. You'd also conclude that there's far too many professional clubs compared to other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

If I didn't care about football I'd find it outrageous that the tax payer should be expected to bail the game out, when some players are earning millions and players lower down are earning far more than the average wage. You'd also conclude that there's far too many professional clubs compared to other countries.
    Well I think they will help but only so much they can do really.

The Govt need to allow fans back in at our level as I stated 600-1000 I never said the tax payer should bail clubs out.

If clubs live within their means then they shouldnt run into financial problems and our country is unique in how many leagues/clubs we have.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

You could levy a one-off "TV Revenue Windfall Tax" for the Premier League, and re-distribute the proceeds . Tony Blair did it with the banks in 1997 , so the precedent exists.

Somebody needs to tell our players that the season starts next weekend, because their performance yesterday suggests they weren't aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    You could levy a one-off "TV Revenue Windfall Tax" for the Premier League, and re-distribute the proceeds . Tony Blair did it with the banks in 1997 , so the precedent exists.

Thought it was on excess profits of privatised utility companies?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast