+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Season to start Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You’d think if any issue in every league would have been sorted by now, it’d be that one. But no.
    So at least 65-70% of the season has to be played before it's determined who would be crowned champions, who would finish in European qualification places and which teams would be relegated? If our league decides to follow suit, good start needed then?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    So they should. Now they all they need to work out is how it’s divied up. I would hope we get more than King’s Lynn...

So they should. Now they all they need to work out is how it’s divied up. I would hope we get more than King’s Lynn...
    Looking like it will be Grant you apply for based on lost gate receipts so Notts should definitely do ok out of it.

"Fans slam King’s Lynn for their stupidly expensive season ticket prices" was a headline this July and it is far from certain what gates they would have got at this level, so they could be very well rewarded for making a decision to charge higher prices whilst those that were more considerate of the struggles their fan base might face post Covid will lose out.

The green light?

"National League clubs have been told they will receive an emergency grant to enable them to start the new season this weekend.

Officials have been in talks with the government over funding to help cover the losses incurred by a ban on fans.

Last week the government scrapped plans for a partial return of spectators from 1 October.

The National League said it was hopeful a "critical financial support package" could be agreed"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54352735

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The green light?

"National League clubs have been told they will receive an emergency grant to enable them to start the new season this weekend.

Officials have been in talks with the government over funding to help cover the losses incurred by a ban on fans.

Last week the government scrapped plans for a partial return of spectators from 1 October.

The National League said it was hopeful a "critical financial support package" could be agreed"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54352735
    Fingers crossed they see it through. I think it mentioned they are hoping for £2m-£3m per month whilst fans aren't allowed in, I'd have thought that would be plenty for all 3 leagues?

National League Table Predictions:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123