+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Takeover

The Takeover

I'd have thought it would be a done deal by now, has anyone heard anything ?

January transfer window on the horizon.

I'm starting to worry that it's not happening - and before announcing anything PC is scrabbling for a plan B.
    Maybe a potential plan B would be something that involves the club sponsors ? I just remember reading a couple of times that he wanted 'the fans' to take over the running of the club.
    Who better than established Barnsley businesses who already put their time,money and effort in ?

Can't see why we have to play this game of keeping us all in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    I'd have thought it would be a done deal by now, has anyone heard anything ?

January transfer window on the horizon.

I'm starting to worry that it's not happening - and before announcing anything PC is scrabbling for a plan B.
    Maybe a potential plan B would be something that involves the club sponsors ? I just remember reading a couple of times that he wanted 'the fans' to take over the running of the club.
    Who better than established Barnsley businesses who already put their time,money and effort in ?

Can't see why we have to play this game of keeping us all in the dark.
    Personally I think the days of people putting in a few hours each week whilst running their own businesses are long gone .

Far too much money to be responsible for these days , even small clubs like ourselves are multi million pound concerns .

Worst case scenario for me is that the " Family " remain in control for the foreseeable , I don't have a problem short term .

As far as Mr Lee is concerned , who knows , the longer it goes on then the less likely it's going to happen in my opinion , it's a small club in south yorks with a bit of land it's not exactly brexit divorce negotiations going on here .

This is a rumour and only that as far as I'm concerned, BMBC fine with it all , The American and Chinese man are in discussions to resolve the share of the deal ? Mr Conway wants to have more say than Mesta Lee , Mr Conway reluctant to give info on his wealth ? ( carnt blame him ) Mesta Lee wants openuness , stalemate ? This needs resolving one way or the other , possibly why form has dipped and fans fratching ? As I said it's a rumour just now ?

I reckon it's not happening, just a gut instinct that's all.

Be nice to know one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Be nice to know one way or another
    Only time this club want to communicate with the support is when they want some brass of you and the ST renewal form hits the letter box .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    This is a rumour and only that as far as I'm concerned, BMBC fine with it all , The American and Chinese man are in discussions to resolve the share of the deal ? Mr Conway wants to have more say than Mesta Lee , Mr Conway reluctant to give info on his wealth ? ( carnt blame him ) Mesta Lee wants openuness , stalemate ? This needs resolving one way or the other , possibly why form has dipped and fans fratching ? As I said it's a rumour just now ?

Heard very similar

I’ve been talking to a Nice fan , if you expect Lee would spend much money you’ll be errr , very disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Personally I think the days of people putting in a few hours each week whilst running their own businesses are long gone .

Far too much money to be responsible for these days , even small clubs like ourselves are multi million pound concerns .

Worst case scenario for me is that the " Family " remain in control for the foreseeable , I don't have a problem short term .

As far as Mr Lee is concerned , who knows , the longer it goes on then the less likely it's going to happen in my opinion , it's a small club in south yorks with a bit of land it's not exactly brexit divorce negotiations going on here .
    I'm not saying it is plan B just that it may be an option. Football club owners are different generally than those who manage the club day to day. I'm assuming we'd keep a CEO and General Manager to run the place whilst the owners tended to their own businesses, nothing in it for them but the kudos, worked under the John Dennis era.And lets face it we didn't do too badly under the big fish in the little pond who took us to the premier league.
    The alternative is a partnership between people who have no passion for the club other than what it can make for them. I'll welcome them with open arms and happily admit I'm wrong if they prove to be the real deal and take our club forward, but I'd rather see local ownership than foreign venture capitalists steering our ship.

In any event any news at all would be better than what we're getting at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    I'm not saying it is plan B just that it may be an option. Football club owners are different generally than those who manage the club day to day. I'm assuming we'd keep a CEO and General Manager to run the place whilst the owners tended to their own businesses, nothing in it for them but the kudos, worked under the John Dennis era.And lets face it we didn't do too badly under the big fish in the little pond who took us to the premier league.
    The alternative is a partnership between people who have no passion for the club other than what it can make for them. I'll welcome them with open arms and happily admit I'm wrong if they prove to be the real deal and take our club forward, but I'd rather see local ownership than foreign venture capitalists steering our ship.

In any event any news at all would be better than what we're getting at the moment.
    I actually fear for the long term future of the club at this level red flagged .

The more I hear about the consortium the less appealing it seems to be , I aint too happy about " the family " keeping control either .

Coming to terms with the fact we may become a stock league one club with our best days behind us to tell the truth .

Football today runs against us and there's nothing we can do , nothing at all .

Not going to take too much for me to walk away altogether , I don't pin all this on the club , it is what it is .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 04-12-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Heard very similar

I’ve been talking to a Nice fan , if you expect Lee would spend much money you’ll be errr , very disappointed
    That SB cudda been reyt after all. And we all sed he wo talking bollox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast