+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hammers Matchday Thread

Bowen again. Very good player, should have signed him. Oh wait a minute he aint Portuguese.

56'and Bowen makes it 2-0. I find it hard to believe what I'm watching, but we are playing well below our best and unless we make greater effort, this could be embarrasing !!!

65'' and it's 3-0...d.id I say embarrassing ?

3-0, getting worse, we deserve every bit of it though.

utter garbage.
    not a cat in hells chance of a top half finish with this team.
    Oh for a Doherty or a jota

Saw this quote on the chat board of the stream I am watching and it's very true.

"west ham actually played very well against Arsenal the other day, so this result should be no surprise"

finished 4-0 ...wolves well and truly ragdolled !!

the scoreline flatters us .add to the fact that patricio was the best wolves player.

early days but the new signings don't look much cop

long season ahead methinks

FT...4-0 and a well deserved win for the Hammers against a Wolves side that looked jaded and worn-out from the very beginning of this game. Every team has a day- off occasionally, but this Wolves display was one that will be hard to erase from my memory. Our much vaunted defence was non-existent in the first half and little better after the break. Any further negative comments from me are best left unsaid, but surely after this, the only way is up. Totally dejected I shall now return to my bed and weep myself to
    sleep. .....Goodnight all !!!

Jesus Christ ........... What a TERRIBLE performance / effort... against a team that many of us would literally have put money on for relegation. OK Nuno, pull another rabbit out of the hat !!

Calm down lads, this is our pre season. We have had three superb seasons under Nuno and we are now looking to change our system and transend and evolve. Three of last seasons regulars were missing and two of this seasons squad were not available. By my calculation that is virtually a 50% difference from last season.

Nuno must have had his reasons for letting Doherty leave. Jota, who we received a terrific fee for was becoming a bit part player. On his day he was fantastic, however, he rarely played the full ninety minutes, often on as a sub. Johnny is at the moment a big miss, and the way Podence has started, also effected our play yesterday.

West Ham, at the start of the month would have been seen as a side nailed on for relegation, however, after their performance against Arsenal, their confidence was on a high. Their first goal was a freak really, although well taken.. Atkinson let the Hammers take a quick free kick while one of our defenders was being pinned down on the half way line by a West Ham forward. Once the home side scored, they could sit back, defend and virtually say, "At the moment we have 3 points come and try and break us down".

They did this well and used our old system of hitting teams on the break. They bullied us at the back and our defenders who have been so good for several years suffered. It was our heaviest defeat for eight years...

We had much more possession than them but the statistic that mattered was that they scored four goals.

It will take time for the new lads to settle in, to gain an understanding and become a unit. They will, and you can put yesterday down to a bad day at the office.

Again I thought Neto had a good game and the subs that came on did well. However, I do think we are a better team with Dendoncker in the side. We have played four games now, winning one and loosing three including the Cup. Scoring three and conceding eight, not good for one of the best defences in the League last year.

On the bright side you could be a Manchester City supporter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)