+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Warne eyes next signing this week

I would think one of the young uns will be going at least. I dunno what it is with Pricey. He seems neither use nor ornament. maybe he is playing for nowt.

I liked Thompson last year as cover right back and he is younger than Jones so I would thought he would be reserve right back. I suppose Jones can play both left and right back and has experience of this league so that what gives him the nod. If they were to let Thompson go I would hope it would be on loan only cos I think he could be useful to us again if we went down again.

I think Proctors days as a footballer are numbered. Its a shame because he was just starting to play well when he got crocked. So he has to go for me..

I wunt let tricky Trev go. They have seen summat in him pre season and will want to have another look at him. Maybe Xmas if our cover is ok by then and even then only on loan.

If we are confident of getting big Tilty up to speed the obvious one to let go would be woody but I have a feeling that we are holding him back for summat...maybe that defensive coach role which Grist lusts after!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 28-09-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Trev's been injured and has only just started training again so a bit of a risk for another club. That's the type of signing we used to make

I agree with GRU and I'd let Vass go too. He makes Joe Newell look like Mr Consistency. I'd be amazed if he has any takers though because he can't get in our first team and hardly ever scores when he does. Not exactly a big draw for clubs looking for some goals

JN had about one good game in six whereas Vass has about three good games a season

Think Crooks might be on his way. Wonder if Forest wouldn't meet our original asking price and have had a re-think.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Think Crooks might be on his way. Wonder if Forest wouldn't meet our original asking price and have had a re-think.
    That would explain why he’s off his game

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    They have spent a lot of money already this season.

But Crooks blew hot and cold last season, so why should we expect him to be any better in the higher quality (allegedly) Championship?

Got the headline ready if it Happens...

Tree joins forest..!..

Forest have very wealthy owners and are going all out to gain premier league status.

Well at the moment they are going the right way to get out of the championship....Tommy doc route!

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Well at the moment they are going the right way to get out of the championship....Tommy doc route!
    Apart from the final outcome the Tommy Doc period was a good time to watch the Millers.

More open and entertaining football.

Ditto the Emlyn Hughes era

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast